Neil Young's PonoMusic player (1 Viewer)

It's not as synthy as legend had me expect. Like An Inca is great!
From the way people talk about it, you'd expect some kind of Kraftwerk/Detroit techno curveball. It's Neil with some synths and kind of picks up from where the previous album left off ("Shots" on ReAcTor which has some cool synth sounds in it).

absolutely. must try and find reviews from 82 of it. remember bits from the book Shakey vaguely where he talked of how they were universally terrible pretty much. album made in response to his son's pretty severe needs yeah?
Yep that was it; a deeply misunderstood record. He was frustrated that he couldn't communicate with his son, so the album was about that idea; miscommunication, communication breakdown etc. Although it didn't all pan out quite like that, there are other songs stuck on there that aren't to do with the original idea. I really wish all the tracks had vocoder and synths!

I don't know if any of you have seen the announcement for his Archives project but it sounds like another "Getting down with the new technology" mis-step like Pono. Instead of releasing physical product, it looks like the Archives will be instead a streaming service. Sounds like it's going to be a major pain in the hole - for a guy who's apparently all about the sound quality, he's pushing something that most people are only going to hear on computer or phone speakers.
Yeah saw that alright; pretty disappointing news really.

Honestly, watching this as Prince fan i'm very envious. As the various heirs of the Prince estate continue to fight amongst themselves and dodgy advisors with half-agreed upon verbal contracts and are likely to do so for the foreseeable future, the fans only access new recordings via dodgy bootlegs of varying quality. It'll be probably decades, if ever, before it's all sorted out and the Prince vault can be put up for streaming. Most of his actually released recordings from 1995 onwards are out of print and there's even huge amounts of old 80's stuff that has never been re-released and is inacessible officially. Well done Neil Young.

Last edited:
Hitchhiker - first listen:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

learning don't let it bring you down. this tuning is kick ass, never played it before. dropping both E strings down a step. I love this guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back