What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

Went to see Green Book on Friday. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Also Game Night on the recommendation of some on here. Great fun, wasn't too keen on the Jesse Plemmons character but Rachel McAdams - never knew she was such a good comedy actress!

Finally got around to A Quiet Place, was really great.

Very impressive misdirection with the clip that was used in all the press

that showed the family crossing the bridge, then panicking when the kid dropped the toy. Talk show footage etc always cut back from the clip at that point, so totally gobsmacked when the kid was actually kersplatted!

The Parallax View - 70s political assassination/conspiracy thriller starring Warren Beatty. I normally love these kinds of films but found this to be really dull. I just found the pacing or something to be really off after the opening few scenes which set up the story and my interest waned as it went on.

I gave Suicide Squad about 30 minutes last night before I turned it off when I realised it would bring me no joy. I don't really watch many superhero movies but I do love Batman. Anyway, it was total trash.

I gave Suicide Squad about 30 minutes last night before I turned it off when I realised it would bring me no joy. I don't really watch many superhero movies but I do love Batman. Anyway, it was total trash.
I really enjoyed it for some reason*. It’s being remade already...

* Margot Robbie

The Dirt......
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Swedish movie called Gräns (border).

adapted from a story of writer of Let The Right One In. Thought this was excellent.

The Ruling Class. Great idea, great dialogue, great performances, kinda overlong though. Well worth a watch, if an occasional bit of tedium doesn't ruin a movie for you.

The Theranos documentary. Laughing at silicon valley freaks and their horny investors never gets tiring.

And that's only because of the sex scenes

Netflix bingo...

Nakedness in first scene - check
The word Cunt - check
Excessive drug scenes - check
Excessive smoking - not so much

The film just ran out of what little steam it had going and stuck up a caption at the end.
The end credits were the best bit.
I predict a Crue Doco next.

I watched a documentary about Sleaford Mods. Musically not really my cup of tea, but it’s compelling. They’ve got something to say. The lyrics are filled with genuine frustration & anger but funny at the same time. The junkie looking guy who presses play on the laptop is surprisingly well spoken.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back