So now that the Amazon Echo is officially available in Ireland... (1 Viewer)

There was someone on twitter yesterday giving out about how amazon store all your alexa commands for ever.

No shit.
Last time I checked there was an option to review and delete them. Not too worried about 10000 “play todayfm” commands though.

It’s the stuff it accidentally picks up that wanst intended for it that I’d be more worried about.

Last time I checked there was an option to review and delete them. Not too worried about 10000 “play todayfm” commands though.

It’s the stuff it accidentally picks up that wanst intended for it that I’d be more worried about.

Is it even any different to having a phone, or several phones in the house anyways?

My mate got that twoo. Of all the cyber horrors smart homes give me, i think that is the actual useful one.

The new Ikea window blinds could be useful too

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If they were smart they'd have a few light meters* and presets and an app backend. I think what we are looking at there are remote control blinds.

*i definitely didn't spend about six hours once considering an arduino based automated curtain for the sitting room.

If they were smart they'd have a few light meters* and presets and an app backend. I think what we are looking at there are remote control blinds.

oh absolutely, but they integrate with the same controller as the Ikea """smart""" light system, which in turn integrates with google home / alexa etc. so you can add them in to Alexa routines and whatnot.

Actually on that note, one thing that i found disappointing is that I can't use IFTTT to trigger stuff via Alexa, i can only use Alexa to trigger IFTTT stuff.

Yeah i wouldn't go near half that stuff because when boston dynamics finally burn your house down there will be an insurance loophole to do with third party electronics and mains electrics that you just know the insurance companies are playing soggy biscuit over every night as they have bro nights talking about how they aren't going to pay out on chinese stuff blended with american apps and swedish blinds that was added after the fact of the policy. Its all mains electric in delicious 240v connected to software, which as we know is the most reliable thing ever invented.

A lot of my IOT fear stems from this video actually

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i wonder why he removed it

He deleted about 150 videos at once and loads of people weren't impressed but his reason was something along the lines of getting too sucked into the gamification of information sharing / youtubing. I'm slightly annoyed as it was my go-to IOT video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back