Minor complaints thread (25 Viewers)

I know, I suck :) But genuinely, its so freaking draining to complain all the time, I can't even deal with me when I'm moaning. I hear myself, and I'm like, jesus christ, like are you determined to be miserable?

I know, I suck :) But genuinely, its so freaking draining to complain all the time, I can't even deal with me when I'm moaning. I hear myself, and I'm like, jesus christ, like are you determined to be miserable?
You're right - I'm a BIG whinger and sometimes I'm like OK, I need to stop whining about every little thing because its not a good look! At the same time I do think a small moan is OK from time to time.

Oh God yeah, totally fucking necessary to expel the anger at how shitty things can be, too. I just find that it brings me down in the greater scheme of things, and I find myself nitpicking on things that are just like, normal life stuff that everyone deals with. I found that towards the end of last year I just felt depleted by it, so now I'm going to be one of those annoying half glass full people.

I know, I know.

Tell you what I DO want to complain about? The fact that I have two spots on my face.

Oh God yeah, totally fucking necessary to expel the anger at how shitty things can be, too. I just find that it brings me down in the greater scheme of things, and I find myself nitpicking on things that are just like, normal life stuff that everyone deals with. I found that towards the end of last year I just felt depleted by it, so now I'm going to be one of those annoying half glass full people.
Good on ya! You've got the right idea.

The doorman at work asked was I "dying" as in hung-over and I said no not per se, just dying, slowly, inside, every day. Yeah. Should MAYBE tone it down.

The doorman at work asked was I "dying" as in hung-over and I said no not per se, just dying, slowly, inside, every day. Yeah. Should MAYBE tone it down.
You are a Tindersticks song:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wouldn't say I made a decision to be this way but I noticed myself in the last couple of months of last year almost being aggressively positive and kind to people at times. I'd meet someone and find out what they were up to and invariably find myself going "that is AWESOME," "good for you," "I'm so excited for you." And I meant it all too. It was weird, and will probably be annoying if people hang around with me for a long period.

I wouldn't say I made a decision to be this way but I noticed myself in the last couple of months of last year almost being aggressively positive and kind to people at times. I'd meet someone and find out what they were up to and invariably find myself going "that is AWESOME," "good for you," "I'm so excited for you." And I meant it all too. It was weird, and will probably be annoying if people hang around with me for a long period.

I feel this! I have a natural tendency to compare myself to other people, and it bred so much negativity. I started noticing how much it drained me and how much it made me feel really badly, and I've been feeling so much BETTER towards people, not constantly being negative towards them just because of my insecurities. It's made me so much HAPPIER for people, also for myself. Now when I'm around people who are being negative about other people it makes me physically upset and I feel like crying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back