Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marie Goretti Moylan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gemma O'Doherty

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Smaug

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Not about the debate, which plainly nobody (myself included) cared about, but about the sub-editor in the I.T., who must have been off sick this morning, and Miriam Lord who might try harder to figure out what the fuck she's talking about:
"The three men, stood together wearing an interchangeable dark suit" Enduring image there.
"But the Talking Tea Cosy, despite the predictions of a bloodbath, survived unravelled" Unravelled?
Probably says more about my pedantry than her journalism, but still.

"It's a religious freedom issue"

I don't care, I'm not having the conversation

Absolutely.
To go off-topic for a moment, this is the reason why some of the stuff that popped up on Thumped in the last few months has been so infuriating to me. I've done my thinking on these matters. I don't need some no-mark dickhead whose brain has just clicked into first gear telling me I'm a sheeple for not listening to him.

Absolutely.
To go off-topic for a moment, this is the reason why some of the stuff that popped up on Thumped in the last few months has been so infuriating to me. I've done my thinking on these matters. I don't need some no-mark dickhead whose brain has just clicked into first gear telling me I'm a sheeple for not listening to him.
DqGAlwpX0AEcAeG.jpg:large

now what do you think of that then, eh? This is a free mind speaking, resisting group think and pc culture!

Last edited:
Poll: Who will you vote for in the presidential election?

it's not worth much but the Journal poll currently has Michael D at 45% and Peter Casey at 31%, so the racist and blame the poor attitude (We have become a nation of people who expect, no demand, that the State looks after them," a bad thing apparently) has certainly done him some favors. It'll be interesting to see how well he fares in the actual election.

The guy across the road from us had to get a guard dog and massive steel fence because his business was getting targeted by travelers apparently. I don't know if this is A: a rural way of people not blaming the local thief that they see at mass every Sunday B: true or C: something else. - Whatever is really happening, that is how this person sees it. I can see him and another guy from my old hood (who has a similar fence and dog) seeing the Casey discourse and going 'fuck yeah'. Whatever the case/cause is, its a policing issue that wouldn't really fall in the remit of the president, but that doesn't matter to people too much in an election of ideals.

Also, in other news, Casey's Donegal office is opposite a golf club, which I'm totally going to christen mar a lago if his divisional campaign works out.

oh mercy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

oh mercy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It didn't stop him coming close to getting the gig seven years ago.
Casey is popular this time around because "we" don't know him, but "we" like the cut of his jib. Gallagher can't hide behind being the new guy this time.

And FUCK Ivan Yates, the bluff man of the people. He wasn't saying this about (or to) Gallagher last time around, the prick. He gave me a medal for coming second in some fucking poster competition when I was a kid and he did not give a fuck. I remember you, you pivotal-moment-deflating prick.

So is Thumped going to join the moratorium tomorrow?

The guy across the road from us had to get a guard dog and massive steel fence because his business was getting targeted by travelers apparently. I don't know if this is A: a rural way of people not blaming the local thief that they see at mass every Sunday B: true or C: something else. - Whatever is really happening, that is how this person sees it.
Did I tell yiz this already? I can't remember now ... anyway, there's a pub down the hill from me, was empty for years and then some builders moved in and started doing it up. The rumour was the builders were travellers, and the culshie grapevine was ablaze. I was picking one of the kids up from a birthday party and another Dad had my ear worn off asking what I thought - he had got it into his head the pub would be run by travellers for travellers. Grangegeeth could become a hotspot for traveller boozing, god help us!

The rumour had no basis in reality, it turned out. The contractor who did the building often works behind the bar now, and isn't a traveller as far as I can tell anyway. Pub is being run by his brother and the brother's Canadian wife, and serves nice coffee and free-range bacon

When I was a kid travellers used to call to the house all the time. None ever called to anyplace I've lived since I grew up

When we used to live on a builders yard every 18 months or so an old traveller guy used to come around looking for "any old bits of tin". Maybe I was naive but I took it to be what it looked like. Someone who makes a living out of old bits of useless tin looking for bits of useless tin in a place you'd probably find some. The worry always seems that he was scoping out the place. Thing is I don't recall anything ever being stolen from there by travelers. There was a spate of robberies around the area alright but it wasn't travelers, it was locals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back