Upcoming Gigs of Interest (8 Viewers)

I promised myself I was going to get obscenely drunk, I'd only make a mess of your car. Thanks but.

Ah you're a trooper.
SleepyIndolentGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Bought shit tickets for Twenty One Pilots. Ticketmaster are ok if you never actually have to use them. A flipping nightmare experience from start to finish (which I haven't gotten to yet).

Had to do a WTF myself!
John Zorn's Cobra
No John Zorn - just a performance of Cobra...which would have been great fun! Really good bunch of musicians there :( I feel VERY out of the loop.
I love John Zorn...Masada especially.

aha! I got the wrong end of the stick there.
last time i heard of Zorn i was watching a video of SIEGE playing
Grim Reaper and he got up on stage to play the sax part.

aha! I got the wrong end of the stick there.
last time i heard of Zorn i was watching a video of SIEGE playing
Grim Reaper and he got up on stage to play the sax part.

Wow!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Total brilliance! Although slightly overshadowing Zorn's playing is the joy of watching the drummer's face for the first minute after Zorn gets up :D

Way prefer thisQUOTE]
You introduced me to Siege, in a thread about Ministry :) Fantastic band...thank you! Yeah, the new video isn't as good, but a. it has Zorn, and b. I didn't even realise that Siege was back together again! There was talk of a mix tape, and some talk of patience. But I'm not the sort of person to dredge that kind of thing up 15 years later. :D

Ministry are playing here on Tuesday, with Chelsea Wolfe. I keep hearing how terrible they are live these days, but I had decided to go anyway, until an unforeseen financial tsunami over the weekend.

Wow!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Total brilliance! Although slightly overshadowing Zorn's playing is the joy of watching the drummer's face for the first minute after Zorn gets up :D

Siege got over to Europe twice in recent years.
someone on metal ireland wrote an article about seeing them in the UK.
but i think the euro tour they did at the late last year was announced in
advance as the end for the band.
i think Gary first posted the clip of the band playing the gym here
in the early days of you tube.

Chris Leamy the second guitarist in the 2017 clip with Zorn used to
do a great zine in the mid 90's called Pathological Scum and some
bands with silly names like Lord Of Cheese and Cessgargle.
he was still at school when i wrote to him and was really cool.
he used to end letters with words - IN IT FOR LIFE.
he was from Weymouth MA too so i was delighted to see him playing
with his local legends.

Does anyone here use the Songkick app? It’s pretty handy for finding out about new gigs. You get to find out about ones being set up by different promoters. Which is handy if you’re not on Facebook

Anyone going to see The Wedding Present? Galway tonight, then Belfast and Dublin in Friday. Usually I'd be all over this but this is a case of a "full album" gig actually pitting me off. They're doing Tommy in full.

Anyone going to see The Wedding Present? Galway tonight, then Belfast and Dublin in Friday. Usually I'd be all over this but this is a case of a "full album" gig actually pitting me off. They're doing Tommy in full.

Might head to this, the fact that it's Tommy makes it very appealing to me! Seems that they are playing plenty of extra songs at it as well though, and mixing it up with the album tracklist, according to recent setlists:

The Wedding Present Setlist at Norwich Arts Centre, Norwich

Does anyone here use the Songkick app? It’s pretty handy for finding out about new gigs. You get to find out about ones being set up by different promoters. Which is handy if you’re not on Facebook
I don't use the app, but I do look up the website, particularly if I'm going away somewhere; very handy alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back