Your work situation (5 Viewers)

My new manager is arriving on Monday. I am going to be so happy dumping everything I've had to deal with over the last few months on him - "There ya go. I'll do my best to support you but everyone is shit. Try not to have a breakdown like the last guy".
About 15 years ago this happened to my bother. A guy dropped a pile of files on his desk and said "it's your problem now". It took about 5 mins to set up a meeting to tell the boss he was quitting. Hasn't worked in an office since.

About 15 years ago this happened to my bother. A guy dropped a pile of files on his desk and said "it's your problem now". It took about 5 mins to set up a meeting to tell the boss he was quitting. Hasn't worked in an office since.

Yikes! The new guy is coming in for his last job before retirement because he thinks it will be a unique place to work. He seems really mild mannered so I'm going to be honest with him but try to do it without terrifying him. To be honest things would be grand if we could get some decent staff but that has been hard.

My new manager is arriving on Monday. I am going to be so happy dumping everything I've had to deal with over the last few months on him - "There ya go. I'll do my best to support you but everyone is shit. Try not to have a breakdown like the last guy".

My former manager kinda did this to me in reverse. 'your're going to help me to manage these assholes, until I retire and then they'll be your problem', except without his salary. Due back in just over a week after maternity leave and hoping/praying for (a) a lottery win, (b) the place to be hit by an asteroid, bomb... basically anything.

I'm one interview away from running the social media for a big (small to medium) tech company lol

I should definitely bring up thumped as an example of good posting

I am hired :cool:

The formal talk about salary and the like is in half an hour so are there any outrageous demands I should be making? A link to thumped on their twitter handle?

I am hired :cool:

The formal talk about salary and the like is in half an hour so are there any outrageous demands I should be making? A link to thumped on their twitter handle?
Everything in Bitcoin encrypted, shares in a musk project, car park dictator privelidges, company Segway, a sauna in your office pool table.

There's a steady steam of people leaving my work. Now the person responsible for hiring is going too.

Call me pessimistic but...

I've just returned after maternity leave. I was dreading it until a week ago when I was asked if I would be interested in taking over the job soon to be vacated by a colleague who is moving on to a new role elsewhere. It's kind of like moving from the fire to the frying pan... still a high pressure role, but not as bad as my old one, and without the troublesome staff to manage... took some of the pain out of having to go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back