BREXIT (13 Viewers)

i'm just back from a stag at the weekend in derry (which by complete coincidence coincided with their jazz and big band festival) butfirst thing when i check my phone after the whole weekend, this article pops up

Ireland has ‘undermined Britain for over 100 years’

one guy on it went to an atm machine in derry and it gave him euros as the euro and pound one were side by side. some places accepted euros too.

back in republic on way home, we stopped in a place for a drink in monaghan, they accepted pounds.

though northern notes, i would say you would have difficulty them being accepted in england. every bank in the north seems to issue their one, i had throughout the weekend first trust, bank of ireland, ulster bank, danske bank, northern bank (thought they got rid of these) and bank of england notes in change from places.

so yes, that border is very hazy for currency.

Everywhere in the UK takes Northern notes these days, usen't to be the case for a long time though.

I used to find that the further south I went in England,the less likelihood they would accept notes from northern irish banks. It would annoy the hell out of me because it was all sterling. But turned out shops in England were not obliged to take those notes,or those from Scotland, as it was not actually legal tender. Most places just turned a blind eye,but of course plenty of people may not have ever seen a note from say Ulster bank. So you can understand being hesitent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back