Home Recording for TOTAL NOOBS-how to do it (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 48
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 5
Thanks dudes, SM58 or equivalent it is then! Moose- that's the plan alright, want to do some top notch drum demos...

Shure makes the best microphones in the business. SM58s are pretty standard mics.

Go get it!

I recorded my first raps on it.

I'm not sure if they make USB mics (I think mine was USB??) but get an XLR version. That's what the pros use.

USB mics have too much noise.

After picking up one of these secondhand and not quite sure what software to get. I want to sketch some ideas that I will be bringing to a pal's gaff. Pal has a much more elaborate set up. Anybody recommend an easy to use, not-too-processor intensive programme for MIDI sequencing that will work with this, freeware would be best but am willing to spend a few bob on the right tool.

1522682311323.png

After picking up one of these secondhand and not quite sure what software to get. I want to sketch some ideas that I will be bringing to a pal's gaff. Pal has a much more elaborate set up. Anybody recommend an easy to use, not-too-processor intensive programme for MIDI sequencing that will work with this, freeware would be best but am willing to spend a few bob on the right tool.

View attachment 12206

Reaper. Reaper all the way. Fast, small, light, flexible, amazing and the only DAW you will ever need. Knocks the pants of Live, Protools, Cubase, anything else. And it's essentially free. Just pay the 60 dollars at some stage though, yeah. Big fan Been using for 10 years.

Reaper and just google for free VSTs.

www.reaper.fm

I've only used Reaper for some mixing work but it was really great. I keep meaning to pay the full version and get back recording things. It's unbelievable value.

Adobe in the streets
Reaper in the sheets

Adobe has the best wave analysis stuff built in but that's only useful if you are dealing with 5 crappy recordings a day.

+1 Reaper for doing music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back