What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

Paul Weller in the Olympia, last night of 3 sold out shows
Superb gig, Weller in flying form; a great band, fantastic set list.
Fair play, I can't get into anything post the Style Council with Weller. He always seems quite sound in interviews though, he really cares about music. Honestly he should post on thumped.

Fair play, I can't get into anything post the Style Council with Weller. He always seems quite sound in interviews though, he really cares about music. Honestly he should post on thumped.
I had a bit of a block for a while myself, but get yourself one of the Modern Classics compilations (I just picked up the 2nd one in a lovely deluxe box last night) - they're a great way to get an overview without buying a load of his solo albums, but he has some cracking post Jam, post SC albums and songs that are worth your time.
He was on fire at the gig, and even showed his slightly cranky side by berating a punter who was roaring up requests to him at one stage! He's dead sound.

The closest I've gotten to a gig this year - a Kevin Rowland DJ set on Saturday night. I doubt any gig I actually do get to will be more fun though. 90 mins of non-stop dancing.

King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard.

Lots of problems with this, that are primarily the disgruntled gripes of a middle aged man.

Sound was POXY.

Olympia was uncomfortably stuffed, where we were standing at least. The crowd were dicks, lots of circle pits and crowd surfing. Obviously shithead kids just out for a good time.....except they knew all the words to all the songs, no mean feat for a band with such a massive discography. These kids were having the time of their life, HOW DARE THEY!!

It had an interesting effect on the band though. They came out and were really into to it,but seemed noticeably concerned with the crowdsurfing, and started playing quieter, jazzier stuff, to calm things down. Didn't work, so then they just went hell for leather and got the whole room dancing, no room for pits! Then they just relaxed into noodly jazz again until the end, which with no encore made for a pretty unexplosive ending.

Anyway, they seemed to be great, but the Olympia made it hard to enjoy

I was at King Gizzard as well. I enjoyed over all.
I caught most of mild high club's set. I have their skiptracing album, its a nice mellow listen but live its was bad. The sound was terrible, some horrible ear jarring frequencies in the mix, mainly his guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back