What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

Ive just started Mute, Duncan Jones new one on Netflix. So far it’s total rubbish. Between this, Altered Carbon and The Cloverifeld Paradox Netflix have produced a run of terrible sci stuff. I hope Annihilation doesn’t suffer the same fate because it has potential to be brilliant.

Anyway, what went wrong Duncan Jones? Was Moon just a total fluke? Is he the new Richard Kelly?

Ive just started Mute, Duncan Jones new one on Netflix. So far it’s total rubbish. Between this, Altered Carbon and The Cloverifeld Paradox Netflix have produced a run of terrible sci stuff. I hope Annihilation doesn’t suffer the same fate because it has potential to be brilliant.

Anyway, what went wrong Duncan Jones? Was Moon just a total fluke? Is he the new Richard Kelly?

Did he do world of warcraft? There's a great interview on youtube of the director of that doing the press for it and the interviewer spent the whole time basically saying that the movie is shit and asking why he made a shit movie..

The Shape of Water, kind of like E.T. for adults only with a strange sexual component to it.. The stylized retro twee vibe was a bit off putting but there's enough dark weird shit going on to offset that. Great central performances, Michael Shannon makes a very good villain.

Did he do world of warcraft? There's a great interview on youtube of the director of that doing the press for it and the interviewer spent the whole time basically saying that the movie is shit and asking why he made a shit movie..
Yes I remember that. I haven’t seen Warcraft, and never will because by all accounts it’s a dreadful heap of shite, but I remember thinking that was a bit harsh. I guess that’s what happens when you let entitled nerds review films made by entitled sons of millionaire rock geniuses.

Ive just started Mute, Duncan Jones new one on Netflix. So far it’s total rubbish. Between this, Altered Carbon and The Cloverifeld Paradox Netflix have produced a run of terrible sci stuff.

I did like source code too but the review of mute in the paper on Friday put me off and this does too.

The same with reviews of world of Warcraft.

Carboard gangsters. Bunch of youngfellas think they can graduate from selling weed & pills to smack, in Darndale. Really well made.

I quite enjoyed Altered Carbon. Well it gets a bit shit towards the end but it was watchable.

Last night Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Not sure whether I loved it or just love Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Think it might be the latter.

I thought Altered Carbon was awful. Stuck it out to the end but. .. meh. Needlessly confusing. Tiresomely hyper-violent. Shameless William Gibson rip-off with none of the wit or vision. Full of humourless, gross macho bullshit. Crap acting. God, I hated it and wanted to love it.

We watched The Snapper with the lads. Watching it with them you see all new funny parts in it. Better than I remembered but also well dodgier than I remembered. Sharon's non-rape/ rape etc? So many questions. I found the secondary characters way more interesting than previously.

The Ruins. Decent b-movie from 2008. A bunch of obnoxious Americans get trapped in some ruins by a carnivorous plant while on holiday in Mexico. Enough grisly, inventive body horror to keep horror movie buffs entertained, even if some of the CGI is weak.

47 Meters Down. Another horror set in Mexico. Two obnoxious american sisters go on a cage dive and the cage breaks leaving them 47 METERS DOWN! There's some sharks 47 Meters Down and tbh I was rooting for the sharks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
  • dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back