MORRISSEY IS GOD (1 Viewer)

Poor auld Morrissey. I mean, a lot of this is just the glib, purposely controversial comments he made back in the day coming back to bite him isn't it? He's like a "sure he's harmless really" dad who doesn't understand that the constant barrage of jokey racist comments is, at best, just very tiresome and dated.

Are you going tomorrow @scutter ?
alas, no. I'd decided I was done with Morrissey gigs after paying 50 euro to hear him whinge nonstop in Vicar St a few years back. That, and all that's happened since, has put me right off him. It's a right shame. I used to love going to his gigs before he lost the plot.

You going?

alas, no. I'd decided I was done with Morrissey gigs after paying 50 euro to hear him whinge nonstop in Vicar St a few years back. That, and all that's happened since, has put me right off him. It's a right shame. I used to love going to his gigs before he lost the plot.

You going?
Fair enough; Yes i am indeed

The footage from 8.30pm - 9pm was just great, as were the backdrops throughout, that image of Margaret Thatcher, and the policeman with a baton on the horse....I thought his voice sounded so beautiful, and the whole thing reminded me of why I would still 'go to the mattresses' for Moz. In a Godfather-type way, nothing creepy.

The footage from 8.30pm - 9pm was just great, as were the backdrops throughout, that image of Margaret Thatcher, and the policeman with a baton on the horse....I thought his voice sounded so beautiful, and the whole thing reminded me of why I would still 'go to the mattresses' for Moz. In a Godfather-type way, nothing creepy.
The visuals were brilliant throughout, very funny, very clever; nicely suited to each song. I'd love to get more info on who/what some of them were.

The crowd were a little lacklustre, which was strange, but then I moved more to the front and people were a bit emotional, so that suited me more (y). It's so true about the visuals, from James Baldwin, to Bruce Lee, Margaret Thatcher to 1940's images of Dame Street....the footage of Dionne Warwick singing is really beautiful.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and the James Baldwin interview that Moz excerpted on Tuesday evening - funnily enough, the same year as the footage of Dionne - 1963.

The crowd were a little lacklustre, which was strange, but then I moved more to the front and people were a bit emotional, so that suited me more (y). It's so true about the visuals, from James Baldwin, to Bruce Lee, Margaret Thatcher to 1940's images of Dame Street....the footage of Dionne Warwick singing is really beautiful.
That Dame St photo was great, and so cool to include it.
I've just copped today that the image accompanying Back on the Chaingang was Chrissie Hynde's yearbook photo!
CH.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back