Jaysus cycling! (6 Viewers)

*obligatory “it’s not a road tax it’s a motor tax” post*

I kept hush elsewhere, because I made that error on purpose. Reasons being, for the reader who presumes they own the road via motor tax it highlights how silly a claim it is to make, and that crew are so murderously angry online all the time i figured one less layer of cognitive dissonance in the learning curve was the way to go. I also pitched it pretty heavily in the language of the anti-cyclist which backfired magnificently meaning it made both cyclists and drivers annoyed. I felt like I achieved something. I fell into a twitter discussion (very civil in the end up about the road/motor confusion which kinda gave me the idea to write it.

Next piece is aimed at the councils awful local road plan, should make me unemployable in polite circles if I get it right.

anyone see the prime time about cyclists vs. drivers the other week? fair play to them, they didn't bleep out the audio track from cyclists' webcam footage of close and dangerous passes.
though the studio debate was as enlightening as you might expect with that horrorshow of a person from the road haulage association and mannix flynn being chosen as panellists.

I was driving (a car) in town the other night and a deliver oo lad pulled up behind me on his bike. the first green went and i didn't move because its a filter green. The guy roared abuse at me for a pretty long time and then nearly totalled himself on an oncoming taxi.

first bike on car rage i've experienced.

something something employed cyclists something something working something something driving/cycling test.

On the other hand i'm now cycling to work on all the peak traffic days and i'm machine level fit.

passed a deliveroo cyclist last night (i was driving) on a fairly unlit road - not a hint of a light on him, dressed all in black. it's insane that they get zero help from deliveroo for that sort of basic kit. but then, if deliveroo provided that, i guess it'd break the pretence that they're not working for deliveroo.

passed a deliveroo cyclist last night (i was driving) on a fairly unlit road - not a hint of a light on him, dressed all in black. it's insane that they get zero help from deliveroo for that sort of basic kit. but then, if deliveroo provided that, i guess it'd break the pretence that they're not working for deliveroo.

Same in the west. no lights, no bells, just a hint of a reflection off them awfully mounted backpacks*. I suppose one of them will get hurt before they actually consider treating them like people.

*the one bad cycling accident i had involved a heavy backpack, so my centre of gravity was way higher than normal. I'm very anti backpack

maybe they could make the big back pack they carry fluorescent

Same in the west. no lights, no bells, just a hint of a reflection off them awfully mounted backpacks*. I suppose one of them will get hurt before they actually consider treating them like people.

*the one bad cycling accident i had involved a heavy backpack, so my centre of gravity was way higher than normal. I'm very anti backpack

according to Dublin Deliveroo worker: 'I fell off my bike... when I rang the call centre, the first thing they asked was if the food was okay' - Independent.ie
you ring about having a crash, the first question is "is the food ok?"

anyone see the prime time about cyclists vs. drivers the other week? fair play to them, they didn't bleep out the audio track from cyclists' webcam footage of close and dangerous passes.
though the studio debate was as enlightening as you might expect with that horrorshow of a person from the road haulage association and mannix flynn being chosen as panellists.
didn't see it but I heard about it. Those conversations get my goat so I tend to try and ignore them.

The mind boggles, the level of vitriol there is towards cyclists, in plenty of cases (I'm sure) from people who have family members who cycle. Bunch of fucking morons.

The mind boggles, the level of vitriol there is towards cyclists, in plenty of cases (I'm sure) from people who have family members who cycle. Bunch of fucking morons.
We must be predisposed to being cunts as a species.

First cycle in 4 months today.
First two minuets: I LOVE CYCLING
Last 25 minutes: THIS IS COLD AND DIFFICULT

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

two things - apparently that is the N3 approaching ashtown, which is *not* a motorway. second - is that the driver filming this?

edit: worth mentioning that the caption claims that cycling on a motorway is illegal, even in the snow.

Last edited:
we're both doing a couch to 50k thing. The first week I was pretty much in jeans on a mountain bike. I've since gotten some skintight leggy things with a babboon arse on them and a mega hi-viz top. Still on the hybrid bike. 34k today. I reckoned I had another 10 in me.

two weeks ago we got soaked to the skin in the rain. To the fucking skin. it was shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back