Mrs. Brown's Boys (1 Viewer)

English people like to laugh at Irish people.

See also Father Ted and every English person you know when your back is turned.
an english person asked me once if irish people like father ted and was surprised that yes, we do. i wondered at the time, well who the fuck else would like it? did not realise it doubled as a minstrel show.

an english person asked me once if irish people like father ted and was surprised that yes, we do. i wondered at the time, well who the fuck else would like it? did not realise it doubled as a minstrel show.
I clicked 'like'but confess I'm a little hurt by this

body-snatchers.jpg

I came on to this thread to post that and forgot you already had

Comedian Brendan O’Carroll, the creator of the sitcom Mrs Brown’s Boys, has said he rejected a lucrative licensing deal in Russia after being told he would have to remove a gay character from the storyline.

Other eastern European countries had raised concerns about an openly gay character, O’Carroll said, but the Russian deal would have involved removing the role altogether.

O’Carroll, who plays the lead character, Agnes Brown, as well as writing the show, said he had turned down “a nice fee” to sign the Russian deal.

“It was a nice little deal,” he said. “[Russia] is a big country so the fee you’d charge for the licensing is audience-related, so it’s a big audience and it would have been a nice fee.

“But [they said] ‘no gay, absolutely no gay’. So I said ‘no gay, no show’. And that was it.”

Brendan O’Carroll refused ‘nice fee’ to cut Mrs Brown’s Boys gay character

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back