The Thumped Motoring Forum (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
last time i had a van policy it was €800 for open drive 26+. early indications for the new policy are more than double that. no claims, no penalty points.
€2020 for third party only. €2030 for fully comprehensive. more again (wft?) for third party/fire & theft.

i'm a married, 43yo father, full licence for 19 years, no claims, no points, vehicle parked outside my home at night. finding it hard to see what risk category i fall into...

kinda taken the sheen off my new wheels.

cold bastard mornings.

My air con light keeps coming on automatically when I turn on the heating. Air con won't heat the car right? I also have a recirculated air button, but I turn both of them off when heating.

Is this the right thing to do?

Insured + nct'd for about 1300 all in.

Wholeheartedly convinced the upper echelons of the insurance industry are in bed with the NCT company at this point.

Van project kicked down the road till summer things are booked.

so my whole steering column has to be replaced. Hu-fucking-rah!

before i get my heart broken again when i get a reply from someone,does anyone want to guess the price of the part second-hand part?

€800 + €500 labour?

Woah. Really old car / part.
And His Labour is cheap enough - part of the reason I waited so long for him. That he’s doing loads of other stuff to the car

So imma guess.... €350 for part, maybe cheaper from a breakers yard. Aaaaand €250 Labour.
And that’s the best I think I can hope for

Woah. Really old car / part.
And His Labour is cheap enough - part of the reason I waited so long for him. That he’s doing loads of other stuff to the car

So imma guess.... €350 for part, maybe cheaper from a breakers yard. Aaaaand €250 Labour.
And that’s the best I think I can hope for
i hope you're right. mine was a total stab in the dark.

don't most mechanics charge €60/hour now?

cold bastard mornings.

My air con light keeps coming on automatically when I turn on the heating. Air con won't heat the car right? I also have a recirculated air button, but I turn both of them off when heating.
Is this the right thing to do?

Yes

Air con will heat till it hits the temperature it is set to, then it will heat and cool to maintain it. Defo disengage the recirculation thing.

Gave the car a power wash in anticipation of the NCT tomorrow. Went into a spin at a roundabout at Dunboyne and now it's covered in muck again.

#minorcomplaints

Car is fine
#majorpleasures

I told my insurer that I've changed address and they've given me a refund of €82.10
#minorpleasures
It's an odd one. I've moved from an area with lots of traffic lights and other traffic controls to a rural area with terrible roads where people drive like morons, and they've decided to lower my insurance. Not complaining though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back