Serreyeasiss (1 Viewer)

In my last update on my ongoing saga I posted how i was on Humira and how it was life-changing. Well unfortunately a couple of months back I noticed a couple of spots returning. I was preparing myself for the worst but this morning my consultant has changed my meds to another biologic, the name of which has escaped me for the moment--Selectra or something like that. I start week 1 with one injection. Take another in 4 weeks. The follow it up with another in 12 weeks. The downside is it's a syringe instead of an epi-pen but at least the dosages are few and far between.

The doc is very confident with the prescription. He actually said "the battle against Psoriasis has been won". I raised an eyebrow but he doubled down on it and talked about all the research and developments, and improvements in the medicine over the last few years.

So here's hoping this latest stuff will see off the encroaching scabs and flaky misery. If it doesn't work out the doc says we'll just try another variant, no biggie, something will definitely work, in his opinion.
I choose to believe him.

Herself thinks it's stress. I don't see THAT going away anytime soon.

I was convinced that stress has very little to do with it; it's an auto immune condition so only medication can sort it out. But this morning my consultant wondered if there had been some recent trauma or upset in my life that triggered the return of my psoriasis. He says there is absolutely a connection between your stress level/happiness/mental well being and the condition. So I guess it's scented candles and pan pipe music for me for xmas..if anyone is wondering.

Only seems fair to offer an update:
The stuff I got from the doc knocked Mr. Belly Button dead. Clean as a bell now, so I used it on a few behind the ear spots too. Bingo! All clear. Excellent job.
However. I've noticed a new itch on my lower back (kidney area). While nothing is showing at the moment it certainly backs up my whack-a-mole theory.

Only seems fair to offer an update:
The stuff I got from the doc knocked Mr. Belly Button dead. Clean as a bell now, so I used it on a few behind the ear spots too. Bingo! All clear. Excellent job.
However. I've noticed a new itch on my lower back (kidney area). While nothing is showing at the moment it certainly backs up my whack-a-mole theory.
What was it again?

7 weeks of non-stop COLD showers has annihilated my scaley psoriasis.
still got the red skin but without the scaley shit it's far less noticeable.
but the big payoff is there is no real trail of scaley crap where ever I go esp. on my bed.

will keep this up as long as the weather allows.

Had this awful itchy affliction as a young 'un

Been lucky with it since my 30s

I feel for anyone going through it

A friend started sea swimming a few years ago and told me he'd noticed a positive effect on his psoriasis. Must ask him did that continue.

My experience

All topical creams and oils -Smelly and messy temporary relief from itching, nothing more
Homeopathy - A series of tests on some bizarre electronic devices followed by a course of watered down nonsense -no results (shocking, I know)
Diet change - very minor and temporary reduction in scaling and itching
Faith healer - disturbing, infuriating, and unsurprisingly a waste of time
Absense of cats - no results
Methotrexate - Initial good results followed by diminished effectivess, then overpowering nausea forcing me to stoptkaing it
Udo's oil -no results
Phototherapy - Intially good but less efetive as time went on until ultimatlely I had to stop because I'd exceed safe radiation leves
Sunbeds - Tried it once or twice but fuck that
Humira- Intially good then not so good
Stelara -Life changing success

I think that covers most of what I've tried

Coincidentally I just found some topic related images on my Google photos

Attachments

• thong.jpg
    thong.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1
  • face.PNG
    face.PNG
    6.2 MB · Views: 1
  • jab.jpg
    jab.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back