Hot Sauces (1 Viewer)

chris d

Supporter
Inspired by the minor complaints thread.

Feels like your mid 30s is the time to start getting into hot sauces.

Hottest thing I have is a bottle of this Hot Habanero Chilli Sauce
Bit vinegary, but nice. First time I had it my insides were all wrong, but they have grown accustomed now.

SDCF-Hot-Habanero-sauce.jpg

I also have some El Yucateco Jalapeno Hot Sauce, which is dead tasty. Nowhere near as sharp as the chilli farm stuff. It can be found on the tables in boojum.

91xG0ABJ1CL._SX355_.jpg

Any good hot sauce recommendations? I mostly use them on toasties. Mostly.

I like that Encona West Indies one too. It's got a bit of pep.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well this is probably no help unless you're willing to buy online, but:
- if you like fruity Caribbean habanero based sauces, this is tops. They live on the stuff in Panama

40c582ea2364d8e7170ec6d594f4c884.png

If you like something much more complex, then this stuff (black label) is fantastic:

BlackLabel1.jpg

and if you want something to just blow your tits off, but also actually tastes good, you can't go wrong here:

insanity-500_1024x1024.jpg

there's one a guy in town makes that I haven't opened yet. Was gonna put it in a toastie around 11.39 on suaturday night after a few beers.

I have just finished those two bottles from the original post.

We had one more sauce in the cupboard to open before I can start some ordering some of those fancy internet option. It's a bottle of La Costena Salsa Habanero. To be honest I'm not sure about it. Very much got a pickled onion flavour, and I'm not getting much heat. I would classify the colour and consistency as similar to the hate/love goo* from Ghostbusters II.

Have to get back on the toastie buzz to form a fuller opinion.

la-costena-salsa-habanero-rojo-150gramos.jpg

* Yeah I said love goo.

Current hot sauce collection

IMG_2001.JPG

the outback spirit ones (australian bush food flavours) are typical sweet chili sauces with a slightly unusual taste--the ginger added to the wild lime one is a bit annoying because it overpowers the lime flavour which is the whole point of the sauce. i like sweet hot sauces for falafel so i'm pretty pleased with these ones.

the ahmed green chili one has lots of mint and coriander in it which sounds good but it's very vinegary and a bit salty, i'm not that into it.

i like the la costena green habanero, it's more than hot enough for me--i never noticed the pickled onion flavour but i like it now that @chris d mentions it

the pepperberry sauce is another native australian foods one, sweet and not too hot (but only has 0.5% pepperberry so it must be pretty hot stuff undiluted). the flavour is dominated by plum and 'native currant' juice (10%) which has sort of musty blackcurrant flavour. good for falafels.

then the last one (ABC) is like a grainy ketchup that tastes like burning. actually pretty nice but too hot for me.

That Mega Death sauce is silly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back