The Thumped Motoring Forum (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 87K
  • Watchers 10
The time has come. I'm selling my 03 Ford Galaxy. It's the same car I gave out about on this very thread. However it sailed through the NCT a year ago. It's problems are very fixable right now. Front Ball joints need fixing, roughly €100 job. The passenger door needs a little help opening and it doesn't lock properly. Not that that has ever mattered, I haven't locked it in 2 years.
The important thing is that it runs very well.
Perfect as a band bus or family motor. It brought Large Mound PLUS gear all around the UK. I've brought it on holiday to France. We've had 5 people plus a shit ton of camping gear in it. I've driven it to the Electric picnic with all the seats out, shoved a blowup double bed in the back and slept in it. The stereo is great, it's in the sweet spot, it has a 6 CD changer in the back plus a Cassette deck. So with the addition of one of those fake tapes you can use whatever mp3 thing you want. Heated Seats!
The bodywork is good. A few scratches, nothing mega. 2 Litre, not that thirsty for the diesel. It's a Ghia model so has fancy trim.
196k miles on it. Fix those few things and it'll give you another 100k no problems. I've cleaned the bejaysus out of it.
Thumped mates rates. These go from €500 - €1,000 on done deal. I haven't decided on a price yet.

I'm considering the viability of getting a 2nd "daily driver" van or crappy old car to use for the work commute. Do insurance companies still give a discount on 2 door/2 window/no back seat vehicles? Given that this is Ireland is this just a mad idea?

I had to bite the bullet and Tax my Galaxy. At least I'll be selling it with a few months tax. If I can get that money back on the sale I'll be happy.

Also, minor complaints. New car back trouble.

waited until it was over 6 months to email my mechanic again. we last exchanged emails in May and ive been on his waiting list since then. i expressed my concerns at his lack of contact and wondered where the fuck i was on his list now after too long a time. so he rang me back and apologised and asked me to drop it up to him tomorrow straight after work WOOOO!

and now to watch all my money disappear

I couldnt get me oil filter off so had to book the GV in for an oil change/service.

Good job too cos a leaky pipe was discovered.

Swings and roundabouts eh?!

Looks like I have no choice but to pay the 800 quid for car insurance. Most insurers won't touch anything over 16 years old. This fucking country.

Carol Nash say they'll give me classic insurance, but only if I have another car. Might do some calculating and see if I can get a cheap daily driver next year. Still stuck with the 800 this time though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back