What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Baby Driver - I enjoyed it. Wouldn't usually be in to car chase movies. But I liked it, parts of the plot were a bit predictable 1 last job and the like.

watched this recently and herself and myself thought it was absolute dogshit.
she said it was 'probably the worst film she can ever remember seeing'.
i would probably go that far if didnt have a propensity for some terrible flicks

Incense for the damned. On vhs, Taped" off the TV. Old British thriller made in 1970 (but not released until a few years later) cobbled together in the editing room from what I've read. Its fairly poor, not much to recommend it. Some kitschy drug induced nudie romp scenes & a donkey chase.

Watched The Room and The Disaster Artist back to back. So much fun immersing yourself in that world for a few hours. DA embraces the utter bizarreness of The Room and movie making in general. Also a weirdly moving meditation on friendship. The tone is just right, pokes fun but in an affectionate way. Still not sure if Franco is any cop as a director though.

The tone is just right, pokes fun but in an affectionate way.

i was on the way into town last night and heard Kermode's review of this and that was a big point he made about it, and Ed Wood, this and Plan 9 From Outer Space are obviously terrible but there's an affection and a respect for the ambition and sincerity of the people making them.

i was on the way into town last night and heard Kermode's review of this and that was a big point he made about it, and Ed Wood, this and Plan 9 From Outer Space are obviously terrible but there's an affection and a respect for the ambition and sincerity of the people making them.
Yeah, this is it. Could have easily been a mean spirited piss take - oh let’s all have a laugh at these talentless losers trying to make a film - but there’s genuine affection and admiration for the people and the ambition involved.

Saw The Disaster Artist last night.. It's entertaining and quite funny, though I feel like they didn't do much more than weld the real life story onto a standard Hollywood feelgood buddy comedy. Franco mimics the real Wiseau very well but I don't know that he gives him much of an inner life (as in, I don't know if you end the film any closer to knowing why he is the way he is). There is a bit of a Hollywood love-in vibe with the number of cameos too. Agreed with the comments above though that it's good they went down the route of an affectionate tribute instead of 'punching down' against Hollywood failures.

Better Watch Out. Thoroughly enjoyable Christmas horror flick, which I can only describe as a cross between Home Alone and Funny Games. Best watched without knowing much about the plot.

Stronger. True story about a dude who lost his legs in the Boston Marathon bombing. Solid performances

Last couple of nights. Ken Loach's Land and Freedom. Hadn't seen it in years, still great.

Scrooged.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back