What movie did you watch last night? (27 Viewers)

Killing Of A Sacred Deer. I liked it but not as much as his last one.

Really weird direction in terms of the acting, or lack of it. It was mostly just people saying the dialogue. I thought it made the thing feel quite detached and cold, however it did make the one bit of emotive acting hit me very hard.
Just watched it. I liked parts of it but got fed up and wanted it to be over around the 3/4 mark. I’m not sure how I feel about that weird non-acting style he makes his cast do. It suits Colin Farrell’s natural woodeness but Kidman seemed to be wanted to give a standard performance, like they were in different films.

Just watched it. I liked parts of it but got fed up and wanted it to be over around the 3/4 mark. I’m not sure how I feel about that weird non-acting style he makes his cast do. It suits Colin Farrell’s natural woodeness but Kidman seemed to be wanted to give a standard performance, like they were in different films.

I assumed the Farrell character was supposed to be autistic (or some variant on that condition). I really liked it. Some people seem really creeped out by it but I think the deadpan acting removed any semblance of reality from it for me (and I usually get creeped out and upset by any kind of horror/violence involving families .... still can't bring myself to watch Haneke's Funny Games for example). I found the whole thing really engrossing.

I assumed the Farrell character was supposed to be autistic (or some variant on that condition). I really liked it. Some people seem really creeped out by it but I think the deadpan acting removed any semblance of reality from it for me (and I usually get creeped out and upset by any kind of horror/violence involving families .... still can't bring myself to watch Haneke's Funny Games for example). I found the whole thing really engrossing.
I know what you mean. The deadpan acting made certain scenes that would be scary in a traditional horror movie funny in this.

Kedi. Documentary about stray cats in Istanbul and the people who look out for them. Very cool
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched Mean Girls a couple of nights ago. Not even joking, a proper classic of the genre.
I worked in the cinema the summer that was out, every day was filled with people walking out of the screen totally bemused and whispering to each other "Is it just me or was that actually really good?"

Finally got around to watching this

Lives up to all the hype. You can clearly see the influences it had on Excalibur, Highlander, and Simon Bisley's work on Sláine the Horned God. The director cites Tarkovsky as an influence . I think there's also a strong nod to this:

Sweet Virginia. Tense thriller about a murder plot that goes awry. Christopher Abbot is very good in this.

Super Dark Times. Couple of small town kids accidentally kill a school friend and try to cover it up. Good performances by the kids and really good 90s period detail.

Phase IV...... from 74, recorded off filmfour. Cool little film about 2 scientists trying to halt the advance of brainy ants in the Arizona desert. I do like those 70s pre star wars sci fi films

Phase IV...... from 74, recorded off filmfour. Cool little film about 2 scientists trying to halt the advance of brainy ants in the Arizona desert. I do like those 70s pre star wars sci fi films

was that the "they're building a bridge!" and "breathe through this tube" killer ants movie?

edit: no. that was It Happened at Lakewood Manor

thanks, wikipedia

It Happened at Lakewood Manor - Wikipedia

Last edited:
This one..

I half watched it there are allot of strange close up shots like a glass beaker falling and smashing in slow motion or footage of insects and old computers. It wasn't to bad a try to escape the end of the world type of thing. A bit dated but I suppose that can be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dunderhead
  • chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back