Video of The Day United Bible Studies - Room (1 Viewer)

I know them and they're sound. I played with UBS for a few years up to 2008, I only met the satanic nazi once, at the last recording session I participated in. I didn't know anything about all this stuff at the time and I'm pretty sure some others involved didn't know either. I'm also sure that those who did know took him at his word when he said it was all in the past and got on with it, as I would have done too because I find it hard to believe that grown adults are really into that shit.

I know them and they're sound. I played with UBS for a few years up to 2008, I only met the satanic nazi once, at the last recording session I participated in. I didn't know anything about all this stuff at the time and I'm pretty sure some others involved didn't know either. I'm also sure that those who did know took him at his word when he said it was all in the past and got on with it, as I would have done too because I find it hard to believe that grown adults are really into that shit.
UBS recording session
CcZauUsXEAEcDtQ.jpg

I've crossed paths with a few people over the years who've be into various things and think it's pretty shitty to have some crap like this poured into your creative life when all people wanted to do was make some noise.

I keep thinking about how these invented mythologies are used by people as leverage for being horrible humans essentially, giving them that layer of detatchment they've been looking for to treat people like shit.

Did they announce this when they kicked him out or did they sweep it under the carpet till now?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems clear to me, I have no additional info.

That’s my point. They kicked him out last year, but only published that statement a few days ago once exposed by the Quietus.

Did they announce this when they kicked him out or did they sweep it under the carpet till now?
I'm none the wiser than you but how would we know they were sweeping it under the rug? Could have been legalities, fear, contracts.

For the record, I'm very close friends with and have collaborated with more than one member. I've never come across anything like this from any of them and have always considered UBS an politically left band with no interest in any such shite. Some of the kindest people I've ever, which I think is exactly what happened here, they have someone a chance and he fucked them over. I need to discuss a few things in more detail but I believe the band was manipulated and taken advantage of by this guy - who led them to believe he had reformed and repented his past life. The Quietus uncovered a lot of stuff they weren't aware of. Why the band took a risk on working with someone ex-fa, I don't know and is clearly regrettable and questionable - but I really wouldn't like to see them tarred as some kind of fa on here because they couldn't be further from it.

I also think its worth noting the band kicked him out and Fort Evil Fruit dropped him before the article. Maybe they didn't feel like airing their dirty laundry and also giving this prick and this organization any media attention.

I dunno, if seems to me like being transparent saves you the hassle of looking even more stupid later and having tried to hide the fact.
Maybe, I dunno either, but they're musicians, not a PR firm. I don't see it as hiding facts, countless people have drifted in and out of ubs for all sorts of reasons since day one.

I dunno, if seems to me like being transparent saves you the hassle of looking even more stupid later and having tried to hide the fact.
Can completely see why you would question this - and its good we do. These questions need to be asked. I also think Shaney hits the nail on head. They aren't a big media band.

Maybe, I dunno either, but they're musicians, not a PR firm. I don't see it as hiding facts, countless people have drifted in and out of ubs for all sorts of reasons since day one.

Mmmm, they knew the story with him. On the basis of what I can see I think they were very naive. A quick search will show you that a ploy of this crowd is to claim that you've renounced your past as a means of infiltration. This guy was a known public representative (as an grown ass adult BTW).

Anyways, good luck to them, I'll leave it there.

Mmmm, they knew the story with him. On the basis of what I can see I think they were very naive. A quick search will show you that a ploy of this crowd is to claim that you've renounced your past as a means of infiltration. This guy was a known public representative (as an grown ass adult BTW).

Anyways, good luck to them, I'll leave it there.
I agree with you Benny, no band should get a free pass and it is very alarming news. Obviously I'm biased and troubled by it as they're mates of mine - that doesn't mean I'll not be asking questions myself, especially with this new information.

I do also agree that a band, especially a left of field band does have a responsibility to communicate things with their fans regarding politics and to not leave members in the dark.

The whole thing is fucked up.

I would eat my hat if any other members were involved or turned a blind eye - but its still important to probe these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back