(Ask nlgbbbblth) - My Weekly Bank Related Question (1 Viewer)

can someone please ring NIB and get them to change their authentication mechanism for e-banking back to what it was?
the new one is retarded.

I got mine in the post two weeks ago without even asking for it. I was going to but then it popped in the mailbox. I'd say it's fairly random when you get it.

Actually considering that since I made that post I looked in my wallet to find that my card has actually gone missing from it I'd say I'll be getting the new one fairly quick. Probabaly left it in Aldi when I bought my new laptop last week but the bank was right beside me and Aldi is ages away.

Went in and talked to them about it - they said they don't really do personal banking over here. Instead they changed my address to my girlfriend's address and sent me out a statement.

Worth noting, if anyone's stupid enough to have an MBNA account (like me), i rang them up and said i wanted to close my account (my interest rate was 21%) and they lowered it to 15.9%. Similarly, BOI moved me to that 2in1 card which is 13.9% instead of the 18.4% i was paying, even though i'm on the dole. Sound.

Worth noting, if anyone's stupid enough to have an MBNA account (like me), i rang them up and said i wanted to close my account (my interest rate was 21%) and they lowered it to 15.9%.
Or at least they said they would. But of course, being MBNA, they haven't, so i've had to spend half an hour on the phone. Shower of wasters.

I recently applied for, and received an online loan from my bank. I received text messages all through the process until the money landed in my account.

A couple of days ago I received a letter saying "unfortunately we can't give you the loan". But the money is in my account.

I'm considering putting the lot into my credit union in case they try and take it back.

Where do I stand on this?

@IFF

I recently applied for, and received an online loan from my bank. I received text messages all through the process until the money landed in my account.

A couple of days ago I received a letter saying "unfortunately we can't give you the loan". But the money is in my account.

I'm considering putting the lot into my credit union in case they try and take it back.

Where do I stand on this?

@IFF

I haven't seen this come up myself for anyone but I think you need to be careful

Not the exact same but a couple of recent cases where people spent the money has been in court

Teenager who spent €19,000 put into his account by employer jailed for two years

Woman who went on €25k ‘spending spree’ after bank error gets suspended sentence

Likelihood be the bank would then start procedures to get the money back though those two cases above represent the worst where there is no repayment capaciry

I haven't seen this come up myself for anyone but I think you need to be careful

Not the exact same but a couple of recent cases where people spent the money has been in court

Teenager who spent €19,000 put into his account by employer jailed for two years

Woman who went on €25k ‘spending spree’ after bank error gets suspended sentence

Likelihood be the bank would then start procedures to get the money back though those two cases above represent the worst where there is no repayment capaciry
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back