Malojian 'Let Your Weirdness Carry You Home' new album (1 Viewer)

In Bloom Agency

Malojian's 'Let Your Weirdness Carry You Home' is out tomorrow on Rollercoaster Records!

You can pick up a copy from your local record store tomorrow or download direct from Bandcamp.
Merch from malojian

Following on from last years Steve Albini produced ' This Is Nowhere',
(which is currently nominated for the Northern Irish Music Prize),

'Let Your Weirdness Carry You Home' is self produced by Stevie Scullion and features Joey Waronker (Beck, R.E.M., Atoms For Peace, Roger Waters), Gerry Love (Teenage Fanclub), Jon Thorne (Yorkston/Thorne/Khan, Lamb) and more…”

“A few months ago the British Film Institute & Northern Ireland Screen contacted me to see if I’d be interested in playing a gig at a coastal location, with coastal-themed visuals from their archive to be used as a backdrop. This sounded very cool to me and the more I thought about it, I began to get really into the idea of recording some new material to go alongside it.

So…I started recording demos at home with the intention of taking them to a proper studio at some stage and turning them into an album.

Low and behold, like an ugly duckling, they grew and took on a life of their own and have led me on my most incredible musical journey yet.
From recording in a lighthouse to collaborating with some of my favourite musicians ever, I’m proud to present my new album, “LET YOUR WEIRDNESS CARRY YOU HOME” - Stephen Scullion

Some early reviews;
http://folkandtumble.com/malojian-le...ss-carry-home/
" The album delivers an exciting, fresh new sound for Malojian that is both creative and familiar, yet unique and tinged with a warm nostalgia that envelopes the listener in a blanket of reassurance.

At every level, instruments are played to their full potential to deliver above and beyond their usual capacity. Put simply, this record is a masterpiece delivered by a creative genius."

http://www.hotpress.com/Malojian/mus.../20887869.html
"Partially recorded in a lighthouse on Rathlin Island, and aided and abetted by Teenage Fanclub's Gerry Love, Beck drummer Joey Waronker, Linley Hamilton and more along the way, the 11-track opus effortlessly proves that Scullion is a master of catchy tunes ('Hanging On The Glow', 'Ambulance Song').

Variously playful ('Beard Song' pokes fun at hairy hipsters), and tender ('Purity Of Your Smile' is a sugar-sweet ode to fatherhood), Let Your Weirdness has a wealth of great songs to while away the night. The title track alone is worth the price of admission; a shimmying '50s bop with stabs of fuzzed-up guitars, it's a delicious slice of Lynch-like oddness. "

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Malojian - On Tour
Oct 07 Rollercoaster Records (Instore), Kilkenny.
Oct 12 Cool Discs (Instore), Derry, UK
Oct 14 Boneyard Records (Instore), Omagh, UK
Oct 14 The Duncairn, Belfast, UK
Oct 19 The Strand Cinema (full band show with visuals), Belfast, UK.
Nov 19 Flowerfield Arts Centre Portstewart, UK
Nov 27 Mick Murphy's Bar (duo show w Mark McKowski of The Lost Brothers) Ballymore Eustace.
Nov 28 Campbell's Tavern (duo show w Mark McKowski of The Lost Brothers) Headford, Galway.
Nov 29 The Washerwoman (duo show w Mark McKowski of The Lost Brothers) Ballina, Co Tipperary.
Nov 30 Kenny's (duo show w Mark McKowski of The Lost Brothers) Co. Clare.
Dec 01 Coughlans (duo show w Mark McKowski of The Lost Brothers) Cork.
Dec 09 Set Theatre ( Full Band Show) Kilkenny.

https://malojian.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back