What's wrong with thumped.com? (2 Viewers)

I've done a little poking around which should address some of the page load sluggishness that's been happening lately, but the downside is it might cause some crashes at peak times. Let me know if you start getting strange server errors and i'll see if i can fix it.

uuurrrgghh the (virtual) server's (physical) host server hadn't got NTP configured properly (or rather, configured at all) so this server was gaining time and today it arrived 300 seconds in the future so browsers wouldn't trust it for SSL connections but I've fixed it now so all good, yeah, grand.

Just noticed in the mail out that thumped is now ad free. Nice! I've celebrated with re-upping my sub.

Next move, get rid of trackers/analytics?

The only tracking stuff left should be intercom and google analytics, I think?
One Signal also for those annoying browser push notifications that I have yet to see someone implement properly.

Shouldn't that Intercom thing display some sort of box where we can 'talk' to you? Unless it does other stuff?

One Signal also for those annoying browser push notifications that I have yet to see someone implement properly.

Shouldn't that Intercom thing display some sort of box where we can 'talk' to you? Unless it does other stuff?
I use the free intercom stuff, linked to logged in users activity, but none of the paid for interactive gubbins.

I’d actually forgotten about OneSignal.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAvpAAAAJGJiZmUwMWIyLTQ5YzUtNGFlZC1iNDYzLWI1NzZlOWM2M2UzMg.png

It's almost impossible to use the forums on this Sony phone. It took about 15 minutes and a lot of attempts to sign in. The Register ' message won't let me access the login icon. I get signed out if I navigate to another forum. I can't see what I'm typing because the keypad is in the way. Posts don't appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back