the ryanair rant thread (1 Viewer)

Has anyone ever confronted him in an interview with the fact that Ryanair couldn't survive without subsidies?

I mean, no airlines does true, but he markets himself as a guy who runs a company really well, better than everyone else, but he's propped up like the rest of them.

Has anyone ever confronted him in an interview with the fact that Ryanair couldn't survive without subsidies?

I mean, no airlines does true, but he markets himself as a guy who runs a company really well, better than everyone else, but he's propped up like the rest of them.

I don't know about this at all. Can you elaborate please?

I don't know about this at all. Can you elaborate please?
It was something I came across in passing recently, i'm no expert but my understanding is that airlines cannot afford to exist without external funding.

Someone like Emirates and Qantas are propped up by their oil-rich governments, no problem there, they don't need to make a profit.

Ryanair, on the other hand, exist because they charge the small airports they use

eg. Ryanair profits boosted by subsidies, say rivals

EU Takes Aim at Airport Subsidies—and Ryanair

one argument is that that is just how the capitalist market works, people pay us to provide a service and we provide them with customers for their shops and local businesses, deal with it.

The other is that actually this is more how Karl Marx works, you don't make a profit and exist thanks to subsidies via airports (who get their money from governments), lets talk about that.

I don't really know which is more correct (they probably both are?) but there's probably something in there you could use to hit his smug head with.

Last edited:
I know this is a Ryanair rant thread,but found out recently that if you miss your flight and turn up at the airport a couple of hours after with 100 in your grubby little fist,they'll stick you on the next available flight to your destination,which is generally a better price than booking an entirely new flight on the day.Not bad for a bunch of pricks

Remember during the bus strikes this hoor was given hours on end on national media trundle the buses towards privatization like he knew something about running transport.

bQkJx8z.png

what ever happened?

Their website was down which forced me to book by phone.
Booking by phone has a 20eu extra charge
It was fucking work but I got the 20 back.
Their customer service was/is designed to drive people crazy.
I had to spell Galway and my name to the guy on the phone.
I won but I didn't have enough energy left to post here.

Their website was down which forced me to book by phone.
Booking by phone has a 20eu extra charge
It was fucking work but I got the 20 back.
Their customer service was/is designed to drive people crazy.
I had to spell Galway and my name to the guy on the phone.
I won but I didn't have enough energy left to post here.

jesus theyre cunts.

spelling those two words shuld be a piece of fucking piss!

A Boeing 737 Max due to be delivered to Ryanair has had the model’s name changed on the livery, further fuelling speculation that the manufacturer and airlines will seek to rebrand the troubled plane.
Photos have emerged of a repainted 737 Max in Ryanair colours outside Boeing’s manufacturing hub, with the name 737 Max replaced by 737-8200 on the nose.
The aircraft remains grounded worldwide after two crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia killed a total of 346 people. Boeing has yet to convince regulatorsthat modifications to its software are sufficient to ensure its safety.
Ryanair has 135 of the 737 Max models on order, the first five of which are due for delivery in the autumn. The airline has ordered a larger version of the Max 8, with 200 seats, now badged 737-8200 in the photographs taken at Renton in Washington, US, and posted on social media by Woodys Aeroimages.

• Deliberately confusing bag policy meaning I had to pay £40 at the airport
  • Guy at the desk told me wrong information on where to pay the bag fee so I was running around Luton airport like an idiot and nearly missed my flight
  • The card reader on the flight wouldn’t accept my card so I couldn't buy food or water and hadn’t had anything to eat or drink since the night before except for one glass of water. I had no cash on me.
  • Flight was delayed for 1.5 hours and they didn’t give us any information why, and it meant we nearly missed out train on the other side
  • Flight attendants rude and surly
  • Similar delays and no information on the return flight
  • Due to the bag confusion I bought a smaller suitcase for the return rather than give Ryanair any more money for their stupid confusing bag policy – and they upped to £50 because of surge charging
  • Everyone in Greece must have had the same issue because someone took my bag by mistake from the carousel and left theirs – the bags were the same
  • I brought their bag to Ryanair’s lost luggage and was told that they couldn’t contact the customer who took my bag because Ryanair had taken their bag from them at the boarding gate – not the check in desk – meaning they’re not tagged with the customer’s details
  • Ryanair said IF the person returns my bag they would charge me £50 to send the bag out to me because it wasn’t Ryanair’s fault that someone else took my bag. I argued that it was because Ryanair didn’t properly tag the person’s bag when they took it off them at the gate. They were having none of this.
  • The person eventually brought my bag back to the airport and I had to travel out there on my weekend because Ryanair wouldn’t accept responsibility
  • When I got there they kept me waiting for an hour and I missed my return bus to London. Thankfully the National Express people were sound and let me travel with the ticket for the bus I missed.

Never flying with these greedy, incompetent, thieving bastards again

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back