What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

Watched the first episode of El Chapo, Netflix's second series about a real life drug lord. I can't for the life of me understand why they would release two almost identical shows in such close proximity. They look like they were shot and directed by the same team. Anyway this wasn't very good. Bit clunky and boring. Don't think I'll continue

IMG_3034.JPG Over the Garden Wall. Animated mini series about two lost brothers trying to make their way home through a spooky woods. This is by the guy who made Adventure Time, which everyone seems mad about but I couldn't get into. This is great though. Inspired by 19th century folk tales and Americana, it's dark, funny, strange and beautifully animated. Great songs too.

I'll have to watch that, sounds right up my alley.

I found this thread because

a) Good Omens tv show is being press-released next week. As in probably out next year. I am very, very ambivalent about whether it'll actually be any good or not but from ages about 12-20 or so if asked i'd have said Good Omens was my favourite book of all time so I feel a certain obligation (to have it ruined 99.9% chance)

and

b) it was the only place people were talking about the Young Pope. Now i watched it about 6 months ago at this point but i'm always moaning on thumped about hating tv shows so I wanted to say that say that despite some flaws THE YOUNG POPE WAS GREAT. I never knew what was going to happen next and it always felt like it was reaching for something rather than smugly ticking all the golden age of prestige tv boxes (looking at you Westworld)

Ozarks - cliche ridden Breaking Bad-lite, shot with those annoying blue and green filters common in contemporary film and tv. That said Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are always excellent and the Ozarks locations are stunning. Hope they iron out the plot holes and cliched dialogue.

Almost finished GLOW. Very enjoyable.

Still haven't started Twin Peaks. Dunno what's wrong with me, anyway I'll make time for it this week.

Finally watched ep1 of series 3 of Better Call Saul.
Interesting that when the end credits happen you're exited for the next episode even though it's completely boring.

Jane Campion's Top of the Lake. One more episode to go. A detective yarn, Shameless meets Northern Exposure in New Zealand. Virgin Media continuing to shop off the last 3 minutes or every episode .

Jane Campion's Top of the Lake. One more episode to go. A detective yarn, Shameless meets Northern Exposure in New Zealand. Virgin Media continuing to shop off the last 3 minutes or every episode .
The Elizabeth Moss thing? Never got past the first episode.

Blood Drive: Hilarious SyFy original. Dystopian version of LA where groups of car racers compete against each other in stages. Their cars run on blood.

The Defiant Ones: HBO documentary on Jimmy Iovine & Dr. Dre. Nicely put together history of their respective careers.

Very last season of the Strain: Nuke the fridge.

Salvation: CBS. Elon Musk type character wants to save Earth from a planet destroying meteorite.

The Mist: Spike. TV adaptation of the Stephen King book. I'm only watching this as I want everyone to die.

Might be the wrong thread but I saw Naked Attraction last night. I'm appalled and fascinated by it.
What are they trying to achieve?
Do the couples ALWAYS row at the end?
Why do they row, what are the producers trying to do?
Are they all actors?
Is it scripted?
etc

Might be the wrong thread but I saw Naked Attraction last night. I'm appalled and fascinated by it.
What are they trying to achieve?
Do the couples ALWAYS row at the end?
Why do they row, what are the producers trying to do?
Are they all actors?
Is it scripted?
etc
So appalled you watched a whole episode. Ah yeah.

I watched one, the wife was in bed. I dunno, it's a lot of genitals on screen isn't it? And the weird, wholesome, vibe they are trying to keep up. "Oh, it's not because she's fat, I just don't like her feet."

Now...HUG THE NAKED PERSON YOU REJECTED.

Comrade Detective. Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon Levitt dub the voices for a fake "lost" Romanian TV show. Weird, funny, wtf show. Nothing else really like it but if I had to draw comparisons it would be Police Squad and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace or spoof Giallo movie The Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back