Older Dublin Venues (1 Viewer)

That Slayer gig was the first live show I went to (trad stuff aside). Probably still the best too. Awesome.

Nordy Paul bringing along a noose to throw up on stage for Nuclear Assault before they played Hang The Pope... Great days. You just don't get that kind of dedication any more. It's all "oh look, we brought an Irish flag for you to pose with". How original.

Nordy Paul bringing along a noose to throw up on stage for Nuclear Assault before they played Hang The Pope... Great days. You just don't get that kind of dedication any more. It's all "oh look, we brought an Irish flag for you to pose with". How original.
John Connolly said he was from a place called Dublin, and everyone cheered. My neck hurt for a week, but I got one of Jeff Hannemahn's plecs.

The Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire... roller disco and noisy gigs... these included Slayer, Nuclear Assault, Metallica, Danzig, Faith No More, Prong, Sepultura, Crumbsuckers, WASP, Sonic Youth, Nirvana... Also memorable for inevitably missing the last bus from the city centre...

Like many places it's now apartments...

My first proper gig was Metallica in the top hat in 1988. I also saw Sepultura & Kreator in the top hat. I have virtually no memory of those gigs. I think Death supported Kreator.

How much does a Starbucks franchaise cost? The town I live in now is primed for a coffee chain. I just know that if one was top open an indie coffee shop it would go out of business in a year but if one was to open a Costa or Starbucks you'd be moping up money.

How much does a Starbucks franchaise cost? The town I live in now is primed for a coffee chain. I just know that if one was top open an indie coffee shop it would go out of business in a year but if one was to open a Costa or Starbucks you'd be moping up money.
People don't want nice things, they want things they recognise from other places. Like service stations and shopping centres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back