Glastonbury 2017 (1 Viewer)

Ed Sheeran, Antichrist? Discuss.

Have to disagree. His music is not my thing but he's really good at what he does. No big band, no flashy image & costume changes, no dancers in hot pants grinding away furiously (not that's there's anything wrong with) just a dude with a guitar, some loop pedals playing songs. Kudos to Ed. Not many could do this and hold an audience. Its no mean feat.

I have to give him credit where it's due. He gave it loads and had the audience in the palm of his hand. To me it felt like an interval act on X Factor that went on way too long but the crowd loved it. His performance demonstrates just how different pop/rock concerts have become from the long haired guys with electric guitars that used to typify Glastonbury.

In short, I hated it but he's good at the thing he does.

No big band, no flashy image & costume changes, no dancers in hot pants...
No soul.

Only caught a few things. It was nice seeing Radiohead again so soon after the Point gig, but the camera work was winding me up.

Royal Blood. Did not like the cut of their jib at all, lasted a few minutes of that song from the radio.

I came home a bit pissed on saturday and the Foos were on. Hard pass.

Chic were knocking out the hits nicely yesterday.

Overall review: looked like a dud.

The crowd going wild to Shaggy just reinforced my (snobbish) opinion that music festivals are not for music fans

An Ed Sheeran set would be improved immeasurably by dancers in hot pants.

Is Glastonbury completely filled with dull middle-of-the-road shite or is there lots of interesting stuff happening on the smaller stages that we don't get to see on the telly?

Music festivals are now for people who paint their faces like children, wear flower crowns and post to social medja.

I'm kinda getting to the stage where i see most of western culture to be some form of truman show. Glasto being the bit where we pretend we are in a montage of the late 60's. I'm actually not even sure the developed western world should be allowed to make music for a while.

Is Glastonbury completely filled with dull middle-of-the-road shite or is there lots of interesting stuff happening on the smaller stages that we don't get to see on the telly?

I haven't been in a few years but I always found loads of good stuff to go to away from the stages that get shown on tv. The stage that Billy Bragg is involved in usually has some good stuff. You just have to make sure you avoid Billy preaching.

original

Geoff Barrow from Portishead reviewing the proceedings on twitter through the medium of Bitmoji was probably the most entertaining element of the festival for me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back