The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
Question. My wife has just gotten her provisional license. Not comfortable driving my car, so we've put a deposit on a second hand car, for her to learn in. 05 Hyundai Getz. 1.1
She's getting silly quotes in, 3k+ for most part. Can i take out a second policy & just add her? Will Insurance companies allow that??

Question. My wife has just gotten her provisional license. Not comfortable driving my car, so we've put a deposit on a second hand car, for her to learn in. 05 Hyundai Getz. 1.1
She's getting silly quotes in, 3k+ for most part. Can i take out a second policy & just add her? Will Insurance companies allow that??

I don't see why not. Just ring them sure

Here's a question - assuming 1l petrol engine and very little motorway-speed driving, roughly how much fuel would you use to do 10,000km?

assuming 1l petrol engine and very little motorway-speed driving
that's a thing right there - motorway driving is usually more efficient than urban driving, so hard to put a figure on it.
i recently did 720km using about 38l of fuel - managed to get it to 4.8l/100km on the drive to galway - but it'd often be up over 7 or 8l per 100km in urban driving. quite literally, YMMV.

I want to go back to the days that when I pull up to a garage some helpful chappie springs to my aid offering to check my oil and water and calling me sir.

needed tyre air yesterday. tried 5 different garages between greystones/sandyford/lucan - first one was broken, other 4 wanted me to pay. for air.

never thought i'd be nostalgic for a time when air was free.
Joe Duffy is going to feature this new "pay for air" outrage later today

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back