RIP Jim Daniels (1 Viewer)

Such sad news, I can't stop thinking about it. Jimmy was as sound in real life as he was on here - and he had the best taste in music and books. Although we only met a few times in 'real life' it was lovely to keep up with him through FB and Twitter. And like ye were saying, while the rest of us were talking shite on here, he never had a bad word to say about anything.

Thinking of his family and friends - if this feels like such a loss to us, I can only imagine how much he touched their lives.

Poor Jimmy :-(
So sad for his family and friends to lose such a lovely guy.
Like sweetoblivion, I had met him a few times at gigs and on the street as well.
Was a big follower of music on the radio as well. I know many presenters who looked forward to to his texts in.

I really don't know what to say, that hasn't been said already.
It's so strange that more people here didn't get the chance to meet him in real life. He must have been at half the Thumped people's gigs that I went to, and happy to chat away to anyone.
Had a crappy experience at a gig in Whelans one time, and he hung on with me afterwards to make sure I was doing ok.
Total gent of a guy and will be missed.

Hi there. Sorry if this seems intrusive. Jim spoke to me recently about a friend online who got in touch after he posted about his cancer and how he got great strenght from her words about her own battle with cancer. Im sorry this prob may not be yourself, I can't remember now which site he was talking about. Tnx so much anyway for getting in touch with him. He was everything you guys are saying about him and more. I was blessed to have him as a brother. Xx

After so many people talking about meeting Jim in real life and at gigs I thought I must have seen him before. I only know him by his avatar. So I looked him up on fbook. I didn't recognise him at all... but the big smiley head on him in every photo is absolutely heartbreaking. Sad not to have known him more.

I am just seeing this now - so so sorry to hear of his passing. I only knew him here, but he was one of the best and it seems he was just as great out there in the real world. RIP Jim.

A bit late to this, only saw this thread today, but it cut into me more than I would have expected something like this to do.

Didn't know him, never knowingly met him, even though he lived round the corner from where I used to live when I used to post here a lot. But like a lot of people who post here, there's a lot of stuff I wouldn't know anything about had he not posted about it on Thumped. So I'm grateful for that. Thanks Jim.

R.I.P.

Breaking my Thumped silence to add my condolences to this thread, awfully sad news, poor chap. Cancer can indeed just fuck off, it seems to like all the same people I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back