What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

I find it really difficult to watch as the scenes match the comic so closely I'm constantly taken out of the story in admiration at the technical achievement. No matter how much I try I can't "unknow" the comic in order to enjoy it properly as a film. The subtlety of the comic didn't translate well to the big screen in my opinion and some of the dialogue seems corny. It's ok, and as you say they did a decent job of compressing all that source material into a commercial movie. I have it on DVD but every time I watch it I get distracted and end up doing something else instead.

I heard there was an animated version of The Black Freighter comic story that was included with the original deluxe DVD but I've never seen it.
I thought it was released separately. I've the Dr. Manhattan BluRay box so will check when I go home. I certainly haven't seen The Black Freighter mini-movie anyway.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Full movie on youtube! --in a weird format
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

maxresdefault.jpg

Logan

Excellent, but probably for thet best that they didn't dwell on
Laura's inevitable, excruciatingly painful, slow death as her body attempts to outgrow her adamantium-coated skeleton.

Re-watched Burn After Reading. Was in need of a not-shit comedy that I haven't over-watched, which is surprisingly difficult to find. John Brennan in the news made me think of it. Stands up to repeated viewing. JK Simmons is amazing.

Re-watched Burn After Reading. Was in need of a not-shit comedy that I haven't over-watched, which is surprisingly difficult to find. John Brennan in the news made me think of it. Stands up to repeated viewing. JK Simmons is amazing.
I love this film. Pitt, Clooney and Simmons on top of their game. Richard Jenkins and McDormand wonderful as ever. The script is a beaut and the death scenes are top notch.

Watched Collateral for the first time since it was in the cinema last night. Holds up very well. Tom Cruise is really good as is Jamie Fox (there's a name that's disappeared a bit).

I looks a bit dated even though it's only 13 years old. No one seems to be making films in the style of Michael Mann these days.

On that note, TV3 are showing heat on Sunday

Life. Alien knock off starring Jake Gylenhaal and Ryan Reynolds. Really liked it. Stripped down, back to basics monster vs crew members sci fi horror. This is what they should have done with Alien Covenant.

Berlin Syndrome. Aussie backpacker meets a charming Berliner who turns out to be a nutter. Decent thriller

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
First time seeing this, I didn't bother when it came out as the first two were so awful. And it turned out I was right, I wasted two hours of my life yesterday. Fucking piece of shit.

Kill List
Second time watching this, such a great film! I think Ben Wheatley is overrated in general but this is fantastic and definitely stands up to rewatching.

Deathrace 2000 (origonal 70's one)
Class. Prob mentioned watching it here before. Proper dark humored dystopian future, kinda scifi.
Ghost in the shell (recent remake)
Ok actually!!! Passed the time yesterday evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back