Jaysus cycling! (7 Viewers)

Today I cycled to work faster than I can drive to work for the first time
i'd be an idiot to drive to work - my commute is from beside DCU to leopardstown. if i drove, my options would be to use the M50 - and that'd cost at least a tenner a day in petrol and tolls, or go through the city centre, and lose my sanity.
i was taking public transport (bus into town, luas out to leopardstown) up to a few months ago, which was an hour in the morning (leaving before 7am) and an hour and a quarter minimum in the evening.

as it is, i can get up at the same time in the morning, and am at my desk at the same time, either cycling or on PT.

the main impact on my life (apart from being fit) is that my book reading has suffered badly.

I saw a gang wearing these ridiculous things the other day.

I'd sooner have a sore bottom.

ClQ_pE5WkAASqzp.jpg

img_661.jpg

my first thought was 'are they inside out?'
They are inside-out.

Padded shorts are a must for a road bike with an unpadded saddle, I would have no arse/sit bones if I didn't use them. And given that I have only one bike (no commuter bike with a padded saddle), I wear the shorts for anything longer than a quick spin to the shops.

i have a small but very irritating issue with one of my bikes. one of the captive nuts in the fork which forms part of the boss which my mudguard attaches to has become unglued which means the bolt which sits into it is spinning it and can't be tightened or removed.

i have a small but very irritating issue with one of my bikes. one of the captive nuts in the fork which forms part of the boss which my mudguard attaches to has become unglued which means the bolt which sits into it is spinning it and can't be tightened or removed.
the glueing thing gets on my tits. The plate that's glued to the frame that you attach the front derailleur to, came off on me when out on a spin one day. Not having the ability to change gears on the front chainring isn't the worst thing in the world (can change by hand if you really need to), but it was a royal pain in the tits. As was getting it fixed. You'd think there'd be a more intelligent solution than glueing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back