pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
u2rsd2017.png

To coincide with the 30th anniversary of U2’s iconic album, The Joshua Tree, Island Records will release a 2017 mix of ‘Red Hill Mining Town’ on limited edition 12” picture disc, featuring the classic photography of Anton Corbijn in colour. The previously unreleased mix is by Steve Lillywhite, who produced the band’s critically acclaimed debut, ‘Boy’. ‘Red Hill Mining Town’ is famously “the single that never was”, originally discussed as the second single from The Joshua Tree but then put to one side at the last minute in favour of ‘I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For’. The Joshua Tree went to #1 in the U.K, U.S., Ireland and around the world, selling in excess of 25 million albums, and catapulted Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr “… from heroes to superstars” (Rolling Stone). In further celebration of the record, U2 will return to select stadiums across Europe and North America this summer with The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.

The vinyl will be available at all participating Record Store Day stores, 22nd April.

Product description:

U2 – Red Hill Mining Town (2017 Mix)

12” 180gsm Picture Disc (both sides)

A: Red Hill Mining Town (2017 Mix)

B: Red Hill Mining Town (2017 Mix)

Photography by Anton Corbijn

Written by U2
Produced by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno
Recorded by Flood
Remixed by Steve Lillywhite

Cat: 5739213
UPC: 602557392135

Attachments

• 2017_RSD_PUBLIC[1].pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure if I can be arsed this year, although there's the Bowie EP, the Smiths single, and a Beatles 7". Hmmm.

Ah who am I bleedin' kidding!

Aren't picture discs not supposed to sound great?

I was interested in the cure's greatest hits on the RSD list, until I saw it was a picture disc.

was in Tower there at lunchtime. They're also having a 10-day-vinyls sale. Everything is all over the shop. Poxy hard to find anything, so I left empty-handed.

Have purposely stayed away from any RSD lists this year to make myself no go in.

RSD is a load of my hole.

I only went into Tower in Eason's about 3pm and most everything I would have wanted was gone anyway.
Meh.
Prices are too stupid anyway.

This was actually the first year I went in on the day. It was okay. I don't know if I would go in again. It was a bit frenzied. I usually struggle to find much i want on the RSD list. No interest in paying over the odds for quadruple vinyl live albums, dodgy outake rehashes or gimmicky singles & picture discs that look better than they sound. But I love that it gives the indie shops a much needed financial boost.

I got 2 RSD releases
Insane times - British Psychedelic comp 2LP
Come to the sunshine - US 60's sunshine pop comp 2LP

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back