Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (5 Viewers)

Grim. First saw Threads about 9-10 years ago. Not sure I want to see it a second time. Have you ever read Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse? It is the only thing close to Threads I've encountered. Well worth reading.

I saw it when it was first broadcast. Now that's some quality parenting right there.

This is a tough one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is chock full of mad stuff. particularly mad is this bit where the following law is still in place
South Australia and Queensland remain the only states where the gay panic defence can still be used.
Until the late 70s, the gay-panic defence was not a defence of provocation but of insanity. Thomas Poberezny-Lynch tells me: “The logic went that the accused would say the deceased made a sexual advance towards me and that triggered my latent homosexuality which then caused me to suffer a bout of insanity – because homosexuality was considered a mental illness at the time – and therefore inflict fatal violence upon the deceased. And because at the time of the death I was insane, I cannot be held legally responsible for my actions, and I can’t be found guilty of murder.”
Since homosexuality has not officially been considered a mental illness since 1973 the defence has morphed into a more straightforward matter of “he came on to me and I flipped out”.

Out of Sight: The untold story of Adelaide’s gay-hate murders

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back