The best gig ever to take place in Ireland ever (1 Viewer)

Sepultura - top hat 1991

Beastie boys - Tivoli 1993/4

Neurosis- barnstormers 1993

Misfits - mean fiddler late 90s

Ministry - TBMC late 90s

I can't think of any from this century, most of the amazing gigs I've seen have been over seas

Impossible to choose one....

Back aways;
Guns N' Roses, Slane 92
RATM, Ulster Hall 93
Manics, Mandella Hall (?) Holy Bible Tour 94
Beastie Boys, Belfast, 95
Supergrass, Limelight, 95

Recentish;
Beta Band, Nerve Centre, Derry 04
Neon Neon, Tripod 08 (Har Mar!)
War On Drugs, Whelans, 12
Anna Calvi, Vicar St, 14
Xylouris White w/ Katie Kim, Bello bar, 16
SFA, Olympia, first 2 LPs!, 16

Empty gig nomination;
Jay Reatard, Whelans 09, about 35 people there including bar staff

Festival; all of Feile 94, my friend crying when he heard he'd missed Grant Lee Buffalo ...

Crowded House in the National Stadium in 92

Can't tell if you're messing, but I found myself there at that show, and it was a surprisingly good. For a band with such a bad/middle of the road reputation they definitely had, in that era, some of the best live chemistry onstage I've seen of any band, and all such great musicians in their own way, in particular the (now deceased) drummer. Of course you look at them on TV now and they're shite.

Surely if it was put to poll it would be Springsteen Slane 85?
In some ways it put Ireland on the map for those kind of shows. It was also Bruce's first big outdoor stadium show (I heard he was shitting himself beforehand). I also remember the cultural furore at the time. That could be because my da was a huge fan though.

Can't tell if you're messing, but I found myself there at that show, and it was a surprisingly good. For a band with such a bad/middle of the road reputation they definitely had, in that era, some of the best live chemistry onstage I've seen of any band, and all such great musicians in their own way, in particular the (now deceased) drummer. Of course you look at them on TV now and they're shite.

They've actually got a lot of really great albums from back in the day, I remember no disco doing a season of their videos and all the tunes were savage.

I wasn't messing, it was a great gig, and as far as onstage chemistry goes I haven't seen anything remotely comparable since. Of course I was only a young lad then, I don't trust my own judgements from that time, but I think it actually was great. Next time I saw them was two years later in the point and by then the drummer was gone and the craic wasn't nearly as good. I disagree about them being shite in retrospect, I still love them.

I wasn't messing, it was a great gig, and as far as onstage chemistry goes I haven't seen anything remotely comparable since. Of course I was only a young lad then, I don't trust my own judgements from that time, but I think it actually was great. Next time I saw them was two years later in the point and by then the drummer was gone and the craic wasn't nearly as good. I disagree about them being shite in retrospect, I still love them.

I didn't mean they were shite in retrospect - I mean they're not half the band when you see any of the latter day reunions.

Stars turn out for Shane MacGowan’s tribute gala concert

Shane MacGowan's 60th birthday bash

only the stars turned out for it

look at him there, half dead

image.jpg

he hasn't actually released any new music in 20 years has he?

the only pics I saw of people performing had Imelda May, Bongo and Damo Dempsey in them.

I'm not that sorry I missed this. Also, nobody who's a nobody went. Only 2 people(who didn't perform at it) on my twitter feed were there and they're both (kind of) somebodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back