Show us yer pedalboard (2 Viewers)

On the left - Nuclear winter board i've had for a while

on the right - new board for the FM4 / expression.

It works well before everything because its monophonic, the split boards make the whole two amp setup a more viable option live.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think it's time i made one of those ikea boards. I have reservations about sticking velcro over the back of all my lovely pedals, I don't want to cry while I'm playing guitar.

After some research into what's required to make an ikea board (effort) I'll probably stick with the floor for now. I'm only 3 types of pedal away from being 'done', so I'll wait till then and see about getting a proper big board to stick everything on.

Set up for the middle ages gigs is looking like this
pedals.png

35c0pd0.jpg

For the next round of gigs...upgraded the overdrive, added a volume pedal. The cheapo kinsman was a good introduction, but I've got to upgrade it to get rid of all those leads.
20160329_201815.jpg

Interesting

the prices though..

I've a look at that site now and again and convince myself I'm going to do a similar diy build and then invariably decide first that an NYC board is a better call, and then that my generic diy ones actually suit me best because the box has more than one purpose and there for is better to the power of 2.

I have enough pedals on this now for a decent variety of sounds but all those cables and wires are getting in the way. I now realise what those slots on other pedal boards are for.
Time to upgrade.
The inconsistent design of the pedals is annoying. The chorus ( top left) has input/output n the top rather than the side like the others. Having the pedals on the side like this, and having wires and cables in the way makes it a hit or miss affair as i try to change pedal mid song.

pedals.jpg

Once again I was confounded by my pedalboard . Last night i switched everything on tho play the first song of the set and..nothing. Swapped power supply, checked all connections..nope. So this morning I decided to test every pedal one by one and they're all fine. I put everything back in the same order as last night and it's all working perfectly now. I just don't get it.
So I've purchased a power supply and a new pedalboard so that if something does go wrong with one that the whole board won't quit in solidarity.
Life was much easier when I only used one pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back