What gig did you go to last night? (5 Viewers)

The Belo Bar last night for Oh Boland etc.
Honest review:
Lie Ins : I liked them. Good songs, tight but messy. Better than the 2 piece version of the band.
No Monster Club : Good fun, nice to see people singing along and dancing to a local band. I liked them.
Oh Boland : First time seeing or hearing them for me. I didn't realise they were a fairly standard garage rock band. Once that is accepted they get better. Great energy coming from the drummer, if they had a lesser drummer they may even get boring, props to him. Some great songs. I liked them, though I did think that unless you're called Yo La Tengo you shouldn't bother with extended noise sections.
Good night 8/10

went to Car Seat Headrest in the Academy.

Never felt so bleedin old at a gig in my life. Full of kids (like, schoolkids type kids).

gig was ok. Some great moments but dull as hell in parts too. A bit like their last album I suppose.

Wouldn't go out of my way for them again I reckon.

Can people also stop doing the singalong thing? You're not 12 year old girls.
i think i hate this more than talking at gigs. unless the lead singer says "everybody!" or "lemme hear you", it is never o.k. to sing along. you wouldn't drum along or strum along if you had an instrument, or act along or dance along in the theatre, so stfu.

I was at that too, it was ok. I felt like I do when I go to pixar movies WRT to the crowd.

(I like it when the crowd sings along, especially when it's a rock show and the singer isn't great, no one was there to hear his pipes, wouldn't do it for Will Oldham or Angel Olsen)

Gig was alright, their good songs are very good but yeah, fair bit of filler

To be fair, it's pretty much impossible not to sing along to that Killer Whales song...

i was at thundercat last night. when i gave up dealing with the crowd and sat down, it wasn't a bad show. funny to see a band wigging out, mahavishnu-orchestra-style, to that vicar street crowd. the place was pretty packed, like. kept things interesting, at least. i kept waiting for the point where the whole crowd was going to give up and walk off, but they didn't really do that (though the applause was certainly less enthusiastic later on). i mean, the three-piece live band setup is a departure from the (to my ears) very electronic sound of his recordings, so i wasn't sure what to expect and imagine some people were scratching their heads.

Jens Lekman in Whelans.

fantastic show, as is par for the course with him. Missed out on the second encore that he's playing at his other shows due to his voice starting to go on him, but it was still great.

The Middle Ages/Autre Monde/Windings @ the Retro Revival Club in the Grand Social,Saturday night.

Us - I couldn't hear a note apart from Anto's vocals and the drums. Never had great sound on that stage, but it is always surprisingly good in the audience. I'm sure we were amazing.

Autre Monde - Classy electro style guitar Popical island supergroup. Very assured first performance, clearly know what they are at.

Windings - Excellent as always. Set dipped in and and out of the last few releases. A hilarious amount of lovely gear, even busted out a 12 string for I'm Alarmed to finish the set.

Decent sized crowd. WARM.

It was, I came all layered up and was sweating bullets. I missed you guys because I arrived just before 9 and GS seem to be acting like real dicks about curfews of late, big difference from when Luke was running gigs in Sweeneys

Didn't appreciate being told to fuck off out of the venue just before 11 and not being allowed to leave via the smoking area so I had no clue where my mates were.

Massive gang of people coming in for the late gig. I suppose the pressure was on.

Our gig was decent enough. I was happy to go on at the right time even though it meant playing to almost no one.

People said we sounded great but I wasn't totally convinced by the sound during Autre Monde or Windings. Mind you, we have a much simpler set up. I need to see AM in a more intimate spot. Windings were great. My wife put it well, "I like the singer, he's just a bloke". hahahahaha

Didn't appreciate being told to fuck off out of the venue just before 11 and not being allowed to leave via the smoking area so I had no clue where my mates were.
They were pricks alright. Wife had to argue with dickhead there to be let back in.

Like, I was meant to carry my gear? Come on.

John Cowie & Barry McCormack in The Vintage Room, Workmans.
Nice little room. I think it would have been better if the lads stood beside the window, they would have been in light at least. Nice catch up gig. Glad I jumped in the car at 8.30pm when it would have been sooooo easy to sit down and watch Doctor In The House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back