Your work situation (6 Viewers)

A colleague keeps using the term "the icing on the cake" to refer to superfluous adornment . It irks me.

No work for 11 days!

Although the 11th day is a promotion interview to take some of the fun out of it.

things had been going to hell in my job since december. In january I asked if I could take a redundancy (10 years in the job). Was told there was no chance.

End of february rolls around and I get called to an unscheduled meeting with my boss. Cha-ching, redundancy approved. 3 from about 15 of us got it.

Have been on gardening leave for all of March, and will be until mid-April. Was a bit of a pain in the hole looking for a new job but I managed to pick one up last week. Can actually enjoy the remaining time off now. Happy days.

things had been going to hell in my job since december. In january I asked if I could take a redundancy (10 years in the job). Was told there was no chance.

End of february rolls around and I get called to an unscheduled meeting with my boss. Cha-ching, redundancy approved. 3 from about 15 of us got it.

Have been on gardening leave for all of March, and will be until mid-April. Was a bit of a pain in the hole looking for a new job but I managed to pick one up last week. Can actually enjoy the remaining time off now. Happy days.
Great news!

what's the longest anyone's had the same job? january marked 10 years in this job for me.
Worked in for one place for 20 years. About 17 of those years were in the same area / section with the same boss. Then I left before I went mental, and I'm now back again after a year and a half away (different office / area though)

Worked in for one place for 20 years. About 17 of those years were in the same area / section with the same boss. Then I left before I went mental, and I'm now back again after a year and a half away (different office / area though)
I'm in a similar situation. The fact someone else is in the same boat makes me feel slightly less miserable about it.

10 years in the same place in the civil service now. Although the office title and it's responsibilities have changed every two years or so, so I am at least updating my corporate knowledge every now and again. But in essence it's all pushing paper around.

Had an entire clear out of the previous team a couple of months ago (one on promotion one on transfer). We had been together for 7 years so it's been a shock to the system since then with getting the new group settled in. I've been taking on more of the shite.

Made a hash of yesterday's interview so here's to the next decade.

Been in my current job 11 years now.

I did spend a year part time about 3 years ago. The looking for a job in that year was very depressing, I got 3 interviews in the time from 85 cvs. One with an insurance where I heard being described as "highly competent" being a bad thing. Another was a phone interview and a third was from a recruitment place who were quite insistent that spending my days doing only auditing would be great. I politely declined saying I didn't want to only do auditing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back