Selling on Discogs - any advice? (1 Viewer)

Where online or in the real world do you guys look for valuation on an item that you have no idea what to charge for?
I've a request from a buyer for a 7" single I have in my own collection on Discogs (I didn't have it up for sale), and I've no idea what it might be worth.

Doesn't it tell you the highest, lowest and average sale prices for an item on discogs? Maybe it's only if you're selling it- click that buttons for listing your copy for sale and you should see it

Yeah the "history" of the item should show what it usually or previously sold for provided that it has been sold before. Otherwise I don't know how you would value it apart from what you might think it's worth yourself.

Yeah the "history" of the item should show what it usually or previously sold for provided that it has been sold before. Otherwise I don't know how you would value it apart from what you might think it's worth yourself.
Thanks, but yep that's the issue, it's not been sold on Discogs before.
I just sent him a price in the end and he's happy with it, though I think I'm underselling it. But he's bought some other gear off me so I went easy!
Cheers lads.

Thanks, but yep that's the issue, it's not been sold on Discogs before.
I just sent him a price in the end and he's happy with it, though I think I'm underselling it. But he's bought some other gear off me so I went easy!
Cheers lads.

Glad it worked out for you - what was it (if you don't mind me asking)?

so if i'd bought that ($18k) and the cd sold on ebay in january ($24k), i'd only need to spend another $25k on two more lps and one cd to complete my collection?

What is it with this guy? Does he just have 2 unbelievably wealthy superfans who duke it out for every scrap they can find? Ever listened to any of the albums?

What is it with this guy? Does he just have 2 unbelievably wealthy superfans who duke it out for every scrap they can find? Ever listened to any of the albums?
no. never heard of him before yesterday. seems like it might be him flogging his own rarities - maybe he won the lottery and is buying them too, to create a false market.

no. never heard of him before yesterday. seems like it might be him flogging his own rarities - maybe he won the lottery and is buying them too, to create a false market.

Maybe that's it

He sells them to himself at exorbitant prices thus creating hype about himself and then from that hype, he makes money by people listening to his stuff because of the publicity who then go on to purchase his stuff

Maybe that's it

He sells them to himself at exorbitant prices thus creating hype about himself and then from that hype, he makes money by people listening to his stuff because of the publicity who then go on to purchase his stuff
i just re-clicked @scutter 's link and got this:
UPDATE: Discogs has terminated this sale because the Yeager test pressing has been determined fraudulent. So Prince’s $15,000 “Black Album” remains the site’s Most Expensive Record. Furthermore, a new NPR report suggests Yeager himself was both the seller and the buyer, raising questions about whether the record ever existed at all. It’s one of a number of hoaxes Yeager has concocted in pursuit of fame.

Discogs Declares $18K Vinyl Purchase Fraudulent After Musician Apparently “Sold” Record To Himself

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back