Bedroom Amp (1 Viewer)

chris d

Supporter
Live in an apartment (trying to change that). I'm using one of those 9v Orange Micro amps for home playing but I'm tired of it, I want a proper amp. The blackstar is way too big and loud to be plugging in.

What do you pricks use at home?

How's that Fender Champ @Unicron?

Live in an apartment (trying to change that). I'm using one of those 9v Orange Micro amps for home playing but I'm tired of it, I want a proper amp. The blackstar is way too big and loud to be plugging in.

It's a joy. I was over at a mate's during the week and he has one of those new fender super champ yokes and said he liked it. It has 2 circuits I think, an all valve one and a valve/digital one which models different types of amp

It just occured to me, a cheaper option might be if the black star has an effects loop. If you put a volume pedal into the loop you could crank the black star nice and loud if you wanted but make it amp by reducing the volume on the effects loop

It just occured to me, a cheaper option might be if the black star has an effects loop. If you put a volume pedal into the loop you could crank the black star nice and loud if you wanted but make it amp by reducing the volume on the effects loop
Interesting. I have a volume pedal, it is fairly welded to the board with industrial strength velcro, but this sounds worth doing for the craic at least.

Happened to be down that way after posting earlier and checked into Some Neck. He was one of those vox amps. He needs to sort some oscillating problem, but said it will be fixed and €175 by next week. Hmm, off to youtube for me.

Hey @chris d , did you get it? Another vote for the AC4TV from me. Love mine. Done loads of recording with it, and I've gigged with it too. I'd go for the 10" one if you can.

Hey @chris d , did you get it? Another vote for the AC4TV from me. Love mine. Done loads of recording with it, and I've gigged with it too. I'd go for the 10" one if you can.
No, some other bills came in. After looking at youtube clips I got interested in the VOX AC4C1. Looks sweet with the pretend blue vinyl too.

There is currently one on adverts for 260, I'm watching it hoping it will drop a few more quid.

I'm off work tomorrow, so I think I'll take a walk down to Some Neck and see what's in.

That's still in the shop, is the 10" version. He hasn't got it fixed yet and I wasn't going to push about it with having my eye on something else.

ive just bought a 1x12" speaker in a nice DIY cab on adverts.ie to go with an Orange Micro Terror im in the middle of sorting out. i cannot wait to be able to play a bit of electric in the gaff!

holy fuck this thing is LOUD.
only played my tele knock off through it and its very versatile.
playing the mico terror through a jensens 1x12" cab. SO LOUD. sounds great at low volume too.

watched a few vids of lads playing this wee amp through 4x12 cabs and it sounds great. so ill be bringing it to gigs with me as a back up

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back