Brian 'Idiot' Mooney live shows this week (1 Viewer)

Unknown Convict

Website
www.bop.gov
brian mooney (ex-idiots) is playing some solo shows this weekend with dylan tighe

wed 4th debarras clonakilty
thu 5th Levi's Ballydehob
fri 6th plugd records cork city
sat 7th upstairs whelans

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Since the nineties Brian Mooney has played and recorded with The Idiots, David Kitt, Jape , Si Schroeder and Beautiful Unit.

He founded Indie Record Label Trust Me I’m A Thief in 2004

Most recently he toured Ireland supporting Little green Cars playing original songs.

….No FX…No Loops…….No FX…No Loops…….No FX…No Loops…….No FX…No Loops…….No FX…No Lupes

“A sonic technique that oozes character and distinction, – Don’t let this one pass you by” The Irish Times

Brian Mooney | Facebook
European Son | Brian Mooney

Dublin singer-songwriter Dylan Tighe’s debut album Record was released in 2014 to widespread acclaim. The Sunday Times declared Dylan an “exquisite songwriter,” while RTÉ proclaimed the album "starkly brilliant” and “a deeply personal and deeply moving piece of work." A radio play for RTÉ exploring songs from the album was nominated for the Prix Europa Radio Prize 2013 in Berlin. He is currently working on material for his second album.
"His soul-searching lyrics and voice combine to staggering effect"- State.ie

“Brimming with tunes…an audacious and seriously intelligent suite of songs.” – The Irish Times

Dylan Tighe
Breaking Tunes - Dylan Tighe

This deserves a proper bump. If I wasn't struck down with a bad virus (is there a good one?) I would be going. Dylan is a visceral, emotive performer. Brian is one of the most incisive lyricists in town. No point overselling it, just take a punt, you won't be disappointed.

Anyone got a time machine, I'm only a week late
really enjoyed brian's set. the misanthropy and nihilism of yore have been replaced by a casual wit and charm - he even did a song about his granny. it was about 50/50 electric/acoustic and i preferred the electric, but the whole set was engaging - he could've played twice as long. even got the audience to join in on glass harmonica which he distributed around the room. i'm sure there'll be more gigs to come.

And playing tomorrow night at The House Presents with some chancer (me) on piano for a few numbers ......

The House Presents | The Journal of Music
great news thanks, didn't know. means i won't have to endure any british folk either...

do you know your stage time? (can't get the car until around 8ish). cover charge? thanks.

Dunno stage times ... I think it's a tenner ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back