sunn o))) (1 Viewer)

pete said:
I think some things are best left to nostalgia...
I'm feeling nostalgic.So shoot me.

I've actually been trying to locate loads of old death metal stuff from the early 90s that I used to have back in my tape trading days, and it's a lot more difficult than I thought!Don't suppose anyone has any Contagion or Gorement or Maimed demos lying around?

someone on the whitehouse list is selling a primordial demo on ebay with a starting bid price of 17 bucks

andrew

Weirdly, I was looking for some old videos from work the other day and found a short video I took of their 2004 afternoon gig in Whelans. See if I can upload it later.

I was hungover this morning and scanned through the newest album on youtube to get an idea of what they do and decided that standing down the loading yard at the docks amid various diesel engines and metal removal would yield a similar audio experience.

I was hungover this morning and scanned through the newest album on youtube to get an idea of what they do and decided that standing down the loading yard at the docks amid various diesel engines and metal removal would yield a similar audio experience.
Yes and no. You're missing out on the volume and the theatre (robes and dry ice). It's more like being at a really loud seance or how I imagine the loudest band in the universe from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy should sound. I've seen them four times and they are so much better experienced live than on recording.

I have had the misfortune to see them twice. The first time I thought it was horrifically bad noise played at a very dangerous volume. I wondered did I catch them on a bad night so decided to give them another chance at a festival and it was exactly the same noise. I pity the bar and security staff in the button factory when these chancer's come to Dublin

I have had the misfortune to see them twice. The first time I thought it was horrifically bad noise played at a very dangerous volume. I wondered did I catch them on a bad night so decided to give them another chance at a festival and it was exactly the same noise. I pity the bar and security staff in the button factory when these chancer's come to Dublin
Errrm, what were you expecting?

I've seen them a couple of times (including that afternoon gig in Whelans!) and while I can appreciate that some will find it a useless ridiculous spectacle, if you are willing to make the leap of faith required (and it is some leap of faith), it can be an overwhelming and almost transcendental experience.

I've seen them a couple of times (including that afternoon gig in Whelans!) and while I can appreciate that some will find it a useless ridiculous spectacle, if you are willing to make the leap of faith required (and it is some leap of faith), it can be an overwhelming and almost transcendental experience.

I'm with Hugh on this, the only time I saw them was a late afternoon/early evening set at Primavera when the sun was going down. I thought it was like watching a Japanese monster movie in silhouette

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back