The WTF Thread (9 Viewers)

Staff alleged to have abused system to get council homes for themselves - Connacht Tribune

“I have been given documentation which suggests that a senior management official with Galway City Council was allocated a house by another council official under the Affordable Housing Scheme and that he was not eligible for this.

“It is claimed the income limit for this scheme was €36,500, his income would have been double that and should have deemed him ineligible for the scheme.

“It is being asserted that the official in question has since retired, receiving a pension lump sum and it is claimed that he had already had a primary residence prior to purchasing this house and that this new house is now being rented out.

“I am told that a number of other senior officials also acquired houses, which are essentially assets of the taxpayer, and they would appear to have profited financially in that the houses have risen dramatically in value, accruing them a significant dividend at the cost of the taxpayer,” said Senator Ó Clochartaigh.

WjTDpH6.gif

ghastly ... I found it hard to imagine such treatment so
recently BUT in the comments section a rape victim says
she was sent to such an institution in the early 90's...

I was born in 1983 and thankfully my mother's family were not so cruel, I grew up with my mam and her family instead. Reading articles like this just reminds me what a fine line it was between me being with my family and being separated from my mother with everyone traumatized as a consequence.

Now, having my own child, the thoughts of someone tearing that from my life for some sick delusion of what's "right" makes me utterly sick. I have been avoiding the news lately because the Tuam case but part of me wants to know the litany of things these nuns, priests, local authorities and garda did together so they can be rounded up and sent to the Hague.

I truly hope that woman who was interviewed has found peace and solace in her life now and that the little boy went somewhere caring.

my dad was born in bessboro and left when he was 3 (fostered out and later adopted)

it's hard to connect him to the things you hear about those places, it doesn't seem real

the intro is a bit Paedogeddon but it's still a solid wtf

in fact it pretty much is a real paedogeddon

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the intro is a bit Paedogeddon but it's still a solid wtf

in fact it pretty much is a real paedogeddon

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't get far into that, I don't get the trend lately for including detailed descriptions of these crimes. Like when the McCabe false allegations came out and the news kept on repeating the detailed line about the alleged rape that was copied in error. It's not like there is a non-serious version of child rape that we need to clarify in these stories.

Are chiropractors no better than homeopaths?
It's started as a whacky snake oil movement in the US that was more a spiritual cult than anything. In recent years, they've adopted a medical model in terms of how they license chiropractors and the clinics look like conventional medical clinics. However, there is little evidence to support it as a treatment for anything. It is quite literally taking money from people desperate enough to try anything to heal themselves. It's unethical pseudoscience at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back