Folk Horror (1 Viewer)

posted the following on DVD Bargains Thread. Some TV stuff mentioned here available at great prices

really great sale over at Network. after bagging a few things I was sitting on the fence for years

Network Distributing Ltd Film TV Home Entertainment

loads of great british tv sets from 70s/80s primarily up for some seriously good prices. Pick of the bunch but which I have already is complete Tales Of The Unexpected for £27! paid a hell of a lot more a couple of years back. Also the Brian Clemens Thriller Anthology for a crazy £15!! (kudos to niggledybits for tipping me off on this years ago, such a great set). paif £55 for this few years ago. Generally loads of interesting stuff. worth a gander

watched Children Of The Stones over the last couple of nights.
phenomenal stuff! to think this was made as children's tv is unbelievable. For anyone interested in this thread, i'd highly recommend. whatever the definition of folk horror might be, this definitely would fall under that category anyway. great underlying eerie atmosphere throughout, similar to the Wicker Man

I finally saw The Witch(or The VVitch) the other night. I loved it. Pleased that it lived up to all the hype.

I loved that Goya-like ending

Witches_Flight_Goya.jpg

I'll be buying the DVD next payday!

I'm tempted to get the soundtrack too...but I'm not sure how all that erratic chanting and staccato rhythms would work without the visuals

13561949_1054758231281403_1735538234_n.jpg

This looks good. I recognize a lot of the locations in Donegal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From their facebook page.

"...seems festivals want more gore (which I'm not interested in) and the more oblique fests feel it's more genre...so somewhere along the line I've done my job right! Right now a distribution company in Los Angeles are interested...so cross your fingers. But yep, a battle it is...feeling hopeful though."

banshee.jpg

This looks good. I recognize a lot of the locations in Donegal.

From their facebook page.

"...seems festivals want more gore (which I'm not interested in) and the more oblique fests feel it's more genre...so somewhere along the line I've done my job right! Right now a distribution company in Los Angeles are interested...so cross your fingers. But yep, a battle it is...feeling hopeful though."

View attachment 11680

that looks very interesting, hopefully it sees the light of day soon

I haven't seen this yet, but great soundtrack

I haven't seen this yet, but great soundtrack

Wow, that music is amazing. Hadn't heard anything about this movie until now. Naturally did a search online. Unfortunately it seems the whole idea is an elaborate but impressive hoax. Great tunes though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back