What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

The lads have been all about Lord Of The Rings for the last week. Rereading books etc. Anyway the extended edition DVDs were busted out for the first time (they've been sitting on the shelf for a few years unwatched). All 3 films, 2 discs each, multiple sittings. I could only handle the odd sitting. Sooooo booooring.

The lads have been all about Lord Of The Rings for the last week. Rereading books etc. Anyway the extended edition DVDs were busted out for the first time (they've been sitting on the shelf for a few years unwatched). All 3 films, 2 discs each, multiple sittings. I could only handle the odd sitting. Sooooo booooring.
I watched the whole thing with friends in one sitting. We bought in food and ales, all the girls managed about 1.5 films (they seemed to come in and out in shifts) but the rest of us got through it all. Was great but not sure I could do it again (and I'm a massive Tolkien nerd).

I bought that extended boxset from Tower years ago when it was on a cheap deal. It sat for ages (at least a year) before getting round to starting it. Made it through the first 5 discs over an extended period of time and finally got to the last one...

it was a fucking german copy of one of the bonus feature discs. Fucked the whole lot in the bin.

I watched The Beguiled again. I hadn't seen it in years. It still raises an eyebrow with the many taboos it breaks.

Colin Farrell stars in the remake, due for release this year.

Judging by the trailer I'm not expecting much.

I could have sworn they lifted one of Nicolas Cage's lines from The Wicker man here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Brigid jones's baby. It had a few lols but in truth was boring rubbish. Like most films these days, too long. Even the person who chose it was spotted with her phone out by three quarters in.

Watched a bunch over the weekend

Logan - Loved it. Don't look at it as a superhero flick. It's a nasty, brutal, sweary, stabby, boozy thriller that just happens to have a couple of X Men in it. Highly recommended
Logan (2017) - IMDb

Shut In - mediocre horrror/thriller with Naomi Watts stuck in a remote house with something after her. Seen it all before
Shut In (2016) - IMDb

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Harry Potter spin off. Enjoyed it for what it was. Colin Farrell is extremely camp
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) - IMDb

Spectral - Netflix sci fi thing that I read good reviews for. Awful. A total mess. The ghost creatures or whatever they were were so badly CGI'd that they weren't even remotely scary. Avoid
Spectral (2016) - IMDb

Beyond the Gates. 80s referencing horror about two lads who find a cursed VHS board game in their dead fathers belongings. They have to play it to rescue his soul from hell. Cheap as hell but lots of fun, great practical effects, lots of OTT gore that references all sorts of 80s video nasties. After Logan this is the best thing I watched
Beyond the Gates (2016) - IMDb

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back