What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

Might not belong in this thread but wot.ev.ah.

Just finished a BBC Doc on Francis Bacon: A Brush With Violence i had recorded last month.

I didn't know anything about him beforehand, just recognised the name. If you had told me he was a poet I wouldn't have argued with you. Anyway, great documentary. He didn't lead a boring life.

Study_after_Velazquez's_Portrait_of_Pope_Innocent_X.jpg

I expect I walked past some of his work in the Tate last March without having noticed. Philistine

BBC Two - Francis Bacon: A Brush with Violence
His studio was conserved by archaeologists and transferred to the Hugh Lane Gallery a few years ago. It's worth a visit.

A Date for Mad Mary. I think international critics must have been charmed by the irishness of this because it's really nothing special at all. Granted the two leads are good but it's the same old shit you've seen a thousand times before. Not a patch on Sing Street like

Moonlight. Deserving of the acclaim it's getting. Beautifully shot, well acted, avoids all the usual cliches.
Yeah it's good. Yer man didn't pick up the Bafta to go with the Golden Globe unfortunately but I'd love to see him win the Oscar.

Yesterday I saw Sully and Toni Erdmann. The former Clint Eastwood continues to tell a good story simply and well. Nice for a Sunday matinee hungover. The latter was really off the wall but very good. Apparently a lot of critics were surprised it didn't pick up the Palme d'Or. It would have been nice for a comedy (although perhaps in a loose sense of the word) to win it given it so rarely happens but I probably agree with I, Daniel Blake still.

2 Films over the weekend, both very enjoyable. Fences, which was terrifically acted but, and I know that this is a weird complaint to make when it's the adaptation of a play, it felt very playish. I think it was the direction, lots of hard camera shots.

John Wick 2, which was bags of fun. Too violent to say it was mental candy floss, more like mental pop rocks.

2 Films over the weekend, both very enjoyable. Fences, which was terrifically acted but, and I know that this is a weird complaint to make when it's the adaptation of a play, it felt very playish. I think it was the direction, lots of hard camera shots.

John Wick 2, which was bags of fun. Too violent to say it was mental candy floss, more like mental pop rocks.
John Wick ending -

was everyone in New York supposed to be an assassin then?

Users who are viewing this thread

• David Kronenbourg
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back