Trigger Warning (2 Viewers)

To Kill a Mockingbird removed from Virginia schools for racist language

The woman who made the complaint said her son struggled to read the racist language, telling the Accomack County public schools board: “There’s so much racial slurs and defensive wording in there that you can’t get past that.” The challenge also appears to be motivated by the current political landscape in the US, as the mother told the board: “Right now, we are a nation divided as it is.”

As a committee has yet to discuss the future of the books, a permanent ban has not yet been placed on the two books. However, they have already been removed from classrooms in the district

Last edited:
"Ze"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Once again using this thread to snigger at people...but anyway:

Riviera identifies as a dragon. He decided this 15 years ago after having what he describes as prophetic dreams of a past life. As an "otherkin," he is one of the hundreds of Australians who identify as another species—whether from Earth or myth.

hahahaha

Fuck right off

What It Means to Be Trans Species - VICE

Once again using this thread to snigger at people...but anyway:

Riviera identifies as a dragon. He decided this 15 years ago after having what he describes as prophetic dreams of a past life. As an "otherkin," he is one of the hundreds of Australians who identify as another species—whether from Earth or myth.

hahahaha

Fuck right off

What It Means to Be Trans Species - VICE
Didn't the serial killer in Manhunter/Red Dragon/Hannibal also identify as a dragon? Does this guy work in a photo processing lab? Should Will Graham be involved?

Didn't the serial killer in Manhunter/Red Dragon/Hannibal also identify as a dragon? Does this guy work in a photo processing lab? Should Will Graham be involved?

Would it be possible for science to support such perceived sensations though ? For instance evolutionary research showing that human brains evolved from reptile ones and even labelling specific parts of the human brain as being reptilian which could then support scientifically an explanation for a person to experience bird or lizard type senations ?

Would it be possible for science to support such perceived sensations though ? For instance evolutionary research showing that human brains evolved from reptile ones and even labelling specific parts of the human brain as being reptilian which could then support scientifically an explanation for a person to experience bird or lizard type senations ?
It's an interesting point but for me the whole "reptilian brain" thing hasn't really held water, anymore than saying we should be able to breathe water as our Eustachian tubes were once part of the gills or that we should be able to impregnate each other because our kidneys evolved from the sex organs. Plus, it wouldn't explain why some people say they feel like cats, who were never part of our evolutionary history.

However, I do think that people who say they feel like another species probably do have something different in their brains and the way it manifests is through identifying it as a need to become another species. It's a lot harder to explain than transexuality, which we've all* come to accept. I've never seen a neuroimaging study looking at people like this but given that neuroimaging struggles to tell the difference between genders, I wouldn't be expecting any answers soon.

*Barring those people who still identify as Stone Age humans.

There may be something to it but when someone identifies with a mythical creature you may as well believe yourself to be a Moomin in a human body,

Which would be pretty crool

There may be something to it but when someone identifies with a mythical creature you may as well believe yourself to be a Moomin in a human body,

Which would be pretty crool
Well people believe demons talk to them, that they're actually dead or that 1980s King Crimson is listenable so this isn't that much a stretch.

Reminds me of Alice in wonderland when a bird accuses her of being a serpent who is trying to steal her eggs after her neck grows very long.
6b5c323aae6528d4c52e00edbf4c1e47.jpg

Last edited:
I think people who identify as mythical creatures are morons.

I work every day with a transitional transexual and it was clear long before they came out / started the legal process that they weren't the binary sort. That's body chemistry, not some shit our ancestors made up for the fireside.

Also there is a republican bronies page on facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back