Getting paid through PayPal (1 Viewer)

for a one-off payment why not get it lodged directly into your bank account?

two day value payments inside EU and with correct IBAN only attract a minimal fee.

Very good question. This is what I wanted to do originally but I was informed by the accounting department that the next wire couldn't be done until the middle of next month :confused: No idea why not. I said I couldn't wait that long so they suggested using PayPal as an alternative.

Very good question. This is what I wanted to do originally but I was informed by the accounting department that the next wire couldn't be done until the middle of next month :confused: No idea why not. I said I couldn't wait that long so they suggested using PayPal as an alternative.

All someone has to do is to call to their bank, fill out a foreign transfer form and sign it. The bank's international department does the processing and it should show up in your account within two / three days.
In some countries they can do this via internet banking [i.e. not call to the bank].

These payments can be effected at any time - there is no need to wait until a particular time each month.

All someone has to do is to call to their bank, fill out a foreign transfer form and sign it. The bank's international department does the processing and it should show up in your account within two / three days.
In some countries they can do this via internet banking [i.e. not call to the bank].

These payments can be effected at any time - there is no need to wait until a particular time each month.

Yeah. This sounds a much simpler route. My guess is that either they are just lazy and don't want to have to do this / they have some internal process in place whereby money can only go out on a certain day every month. I might enquire as to what the problem is with doing a direct transfer.

Mmm, I've only ever used paypal to pay for things, but if I was selling something on adverts and the buyer wants to pay with paypal is it:

I send them a money request invoice to their email.
They send a payment which goes into your paypal account which you then lodge into your bank account. It that how it works

I just use my paypal balance to pay for things I would normally pay for using paypal. I've never actually bothered trying to figure out how to get it into my real life bank account.

Mmm, I've only ever used paypal to pay for things, but if I was selling something on adverts and the buyer wants to pay with paypal is it:

I send them a money request invoice to their email.
They send a payment which goes into your paypal account which you then lodge into your bank account. It that how it works

Yes. There's a "withdraw" button which will prompt you to enter your bank details if they're not already on file.

Most of the advice earlier in this thread is now very inaccurate. It hasn't been 2008 in AGES.

I just use my paypal balance to pay for things I would normally pay for using paypal. I've never actually bothered trying to figure out how to get it into my real life bank account.

I wonder has anyone ever worked out how much real money is resting in PayPal accounts, or sloshing around between PayPal accounts that will never be withdrawn, and will eventually evaporate via transaction fees? Or what effect a run on PayPal would have on the company.

So once a payment is in you paypal account it's legit. Could someone pay you via paypal, its in your account but when you try transfer it to a bank account you discover the payment is not valid, dodgy credit card or something.

So once a payment is in you paypal account it's legit. Could someone pay you via paypal, its in your account but when you try transfer it to a bank account you discover the payment is not valid, dodgy credit card or something.
Yes. In fact it can happen long after you've put the money in your bank account. The majority of issues happen in the first 24 hours or so so give it a day before sending an item.

Otherwise here's their protection policy:
PayPal Security Center - PayPal Safety - PayPal

I get paypal payments occasionally from my (mind bogglingly huge) download sales and from sale of other stuff. If the amount is say more than €20 that I transfer into my bank account I get a letter from AIB telling me that. I don't know the purpose of this.

"you agree not to mischaracterize PayPal as a payment method."

PayPal is a lifestyle. PayPal a way of living in the now, enabling you to own the things you want and do the things that matter to you. PayPal is a symbiotic cyberorganism that merges your body with your wallet in a Cronenberg-esque nightmare of consumerist greed. PayPal isn't a payment method, it's a payment monstrosity.

They've frozen my account because I sold so many books through it. Have to set up a company or some such venture

You just change the account from personal to business, nothing much changes really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back