Marlene Enright - Placements and Second Cuts' Album (1 Viewer)

In Bloom Agency

Marlene Enright

Forthcoming album 'Placements and Second Cuts'

March - April 2017

After a busy end to 2016, including an appearance at The Other Voices Festival, Marlene Enright is set to release her forthcoming debut solo album, Placemats and Second Cuts, on March 24th. The Cork based singer-songwriter, whose sound is that of roots music juxtaposed with contemporary indie pop, has announced an Irish tour in support of the album.

"Placemats and Second Cuts was written and recorded on-and-off over a year. The title is a line from the outro of the album's closing song, We were in Trouble. Hindsight has made me realise that it's a much more self-reflective album that I initially had realised. It speaks of self-doubt, dancing the fine line between feeling comfortable in your own skin and feeling totally lost at sea, indecisiveness, the battle between strength and weakness, passion and apathy, belonging and isolation and self-acceptance."

"I've always loved the infectious grooves of RnB and rap, the warmth and nostalgia delivered by a great folk song tinged with sadness, thickly layered harmonies ala D'Angelo, Bon Iver, Feist and the girl groups of the 60's, The Ronettes, The Shirelles, The Shangri- Las. The songs on Placemats and Second Cuts are musically, for me, a little piece of all these influences."

Catch Marlene Enright on her nationwide tour in support of the album Placemats and Second Cuts throughout the Spring of 2017.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Live Dates

Levis Corner House, Ballydehob - Friday 3rd March

The White Horse, Ballincollig - Friday 24th March - €12

The Mariner, Bantry - Saturday 25th March - €10

The Spirit Store, Dundalk - Wednesday 5th April

Whelans, Dublin - Thursday 6th April - €12

Dolans, Limerick - Friday 7th April - €10

Coughlan's, Cork - Thursday 13th April -€12

St. John's Theatre, Listowel - Friday 28th April - €12/€15

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back