Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate (1970) (1 Viewer)

Cohen's band for those sessions used to call him the Jazz Police as he'd stop them including anything jazzy in the arrangements.
That's mad, given that he seemed to give less and less of a shit about the arrangements as he went on. The backing music on 10 new songs sounds like it was played on a 1980s toy casio keyboard

That's mad, given that he seemed to give less and less of a shit about the arrangements as he went on. The backing music on 10 new songs sounds like it was played on a 1980s toy casio keyboard
Ooh I was gonna check out the Phil Spector album next but it's gotta be this one instead

Only getting around to listening to this now

Famous Blue Raincoat brings back a memory of lying in bed with my new girlfriend (now Mrs. egg_) in the second-shittiest flat I ever saw, and us listening to this. That line "you treated my woman to a flake of your life", where his lover is taken by a better man, put me into a profound downer, it just felt so REAL

Ahh lying in bed in rented accommodation listening to deep songwriters with the new girlfriend..THAT is the goodstuff!

I feel theres a lyric in there somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back